Piece of My Heart Valentine’s Day Craft
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, I have a fun and easy craft that the kids (and adults) can do! This is a super frugal Valentine’s Day craft that will look adorable on the fridge or hung around the home. I like the idea of using puzzle pieces, since they are also the Autism symbol. If you are unfamiliar with what is Autism, I can definitely point you in the direction here on the blog. Reading What is High-Functioning Autism is a great place to start, then adding Signs and Symptoms of Mild Autism to your reading list to help you understand this mental illness!
So this craft serves two purposes:
- An easy DIY Valentine’s Day Craft
- Raising Autism Awareness (And Autism Awareness Month is coming up in April)
But first, let’s tackle this Piece of My Heart Valentine’s Day Craft
- Puzzle Pieces
- Craft paint in choice of color
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Paint brush
- Ribbon or twine for hanging
1. Begin by assembling your heart first. Before adding any glue, arrange the puzzle pieces into a heart shape.
This is a great way to get an idea of the size heart you want as well as perfect the shape.
2. Now, start adding the glue. Glue one piece at a time and reassemble into the heart shape.
3. Once your glue is dry and your heart is complete, you can apply the paint. It is easiest to paint the plain cardboard side. It takes the paint nicely.
4. Apply two coats and allow to dry. Finish by attaching a ribbon or twine for hanging.
Get more ideas for Valentine’s Day: