Curl up this fall with this delicious Pumpkin flavored hot chocolate. Pumpkin Spiced & Iced Cocoa with Roasted Marshmallow Creme
Pumpkin Spiced & Iced Cocoa with Roasted Marshmallows
Imagine curling up with a warm cup of cocoa. This is a typical thing to do during the winter months, but what about fall? Since it’s the everything pumpkin season, it’s only right to try to put together a pumpkin related hot cocoa, right?
However, I have a little secret to share.
I’m not a HUGE fan of pumpkin!
Gasp! Yes, you heard that right! We grew up on loving sweet potato pie, sweet potato casseroles, etc. #sorrynotsorry
Okay, back to all things pumpkin. When the hubs and I talked about coming up with a pumpkin spice hot chocolate recipe, I was skeptical about how it would taste. Would I like it? Could I fall for all things pumpkin? On a recent trip to the store, I decided to grab a jug of pumpkin spice latte. Now, at the time I had not idea what I was going to do with it. It was a 100% impulse purchase. I just really wanted to know what the pumpkin spice life was all about.
Once home from the store, it was time to work on bangin’ out a good pumpkin spice recipe. I also looked around the pantry to see what else I had on hand to bring out the pumpkin spice flavor. I emptied a package of cocoa mix into a sauce pan, added a cup of the Pumpkin Spice Latte over med-high heat, and using a wire whisk I combined cocoa with the taste of pumpkin.
I grabbed one of my favorite Starbucks coffee mugs and smeared the inside wall with a dollop of salted caramel sauce, then repeated the process with a smear of dark chocolate fudge. I poured the pumpkin spice latte cocoa into a cocktail shaker and filled it with crushed ice.
I secured the lid and gave it a good shaking for about 30 seconds. I poured it into the caramel, and dark chocolate fudge smeared mug and my heart just about gave out.
Finally, to top it all off, I laid on a thick layer of marshmallow creme.
But wait, there’s more!
You gotta give it a toasty vibe, right? So, I put into the oven on high broil, and when it was glowing red-hot, slide the iced pumpkin latte cocoa into the oven and let the marshmallow creme get an even golden brown.
And there you have it. In the end, this impulse purchase came out much better than expected.
Well, after coming up with our Pumpkin Spiced & Iced Cocoa with Roasted Marshmallow Creme recipe, it’s safe to say I’m diggin’ the pumpkin bandwagon. However, we had to step up our game with this Pumpkin spice thing. You see, this recipe ain’t about that hot chocolate life. Not even close. We’re all grown up now, and us grown ups need something a little extra to feel truly appreciated and fawned over.
Verdict: I’m not saying all things pumpkin all the time, but all things pumpkin combined with hot chocolate, salted caramel, dark chocolate smeared fudge, and toasted marshmallow ain’t half bad.
- 1 cup Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 package of hot cocoa mix
- 1 tbsp Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark Fudge Sauce
- 3-4 tbsp Marshmallow Creme
- Crushed Ice
- Empty the contents of one package of hot cocoa mix into a saucepan.
- Add one (1) cup of Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- Heat ingredients over med-high heat and stir until the cocoa has dissolved.
- Pour the pumpkin spice latte cocoa mixture into a large bowl or cup.
- Store in the refrigerator for 20-30 to chill.
- While the cocoa is cooling, smear the inside of a coffee mug with salted caramel sauce and dark chocolate fudge sauce.
- Remove from the fridge and pour into a cocktail shaker and top with crushed ice.
- Secure the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain the cocoa mixture into the prepared coffee mug.
- Top with 3-4 tablespoons of marshmallow creme.
- Turn oven on high broil. When the oven is hot, place the mug onto a cookie sheet and place in the oven. Watch it closely; the marshmallow creme will brown quickly.
- Remove from the oven using an oven mitt.
Love Pumpkin? Be sure to check out more amazing Pumpkin recipes: