Are you stumped on what to buy a teen boy for Christmas? I have 26+ teen boys gift ideas. Give those teens what they really want for Christmas this year with this list down below!
37+ Teen Boy Gift ideas For 2020 | What Teens Really Want For Christmas
Each year it seems the challenge to find the best teen gifts for boys gets harder and harder. Teens are challenging to shop for as it is, but boys seem to be even harder. Especially when you constantly ask them what they want for Christmas, and their answer is, “I don’t know!”
Every year I ask the boys to give me a Christmas list with ideas of what they want this year. From that list, I pick 2-3 things, along with the items they need. I’ve compiled their lists, along with things their friends want down below. So, for all those parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and friends that are stumped on what to get teen boys, I’ve got you covered!
What Teen Boys Want For Christmas This Year
This list has been updated for 2020.
- Playstation 5 (comes in the digital format or disc option) is super hot this year and with good reason. It’s new, and since we’re spending more time at home, everyone wants it! It has been HARD to get this one, but we’ve been lucky, and we could get two.
- The Xbox Series S is also another hot gaming device for 2020. It’s also new, recently launched in November, the same time as the PS5. I’m thankful we’re not trying to nab both systems. From what I’ve heard, out of the two new gaming devices, the PS5 is better. But, if your teen boy or young adult is into the Xbox; hopefully, you’ve been able to nab one.
- Nintendo Switch. For some reason, the Switch is (still) hot this year. Even though it’s been out for a while this year, it became the number one video game system on everyone’s Christmas list. The PlayStation 4 is also another popular video game system this year.
- Nike Fleece Sweatshirt. My boys love Nike Gear, and I always buy them 1-2 sweatshirts and matching jogging pants every year.
- AirPods. This is still a hot ticket item, and the prices have been more reasonable this year. Right now, you can get the AirPods Gen 2 for $109. And if you’re in the Midwest, the AirPods Pro is $159 right now.
- Weights + gym equipment. Since many gyms are still closed because of the pandemic, consider purchasing weights so your teen boys can continue working out at home.
- Gaming laptop. Even with all of the new gaming devices coming out this year, teens + young adults are asking for gaming laptops or pcs. There are quite a few games our twins (almost 18) play on the computer. This year, one of the twins asked for a gaming laptop or PC—Head over to our IG feed to see what he got and his recommendations.
- Wireless Charging Stand. A charging stand is perfect for teens who love to be on their phones at the same time while they’re charging it. The reviews are pretty good on this wireless charging stand.
- Instead of buying them a ton of new clothes, (since we’re spending so much time at home), consider more comfy, cozy clothes. Loungewear. Pajamas.
- GoPro. For the kids into making a ton of action videos, this is a great choice.
- Tech Gloves. These gloves are great for kids since they can easily text and still have warm fingers.
- Portable Charger. With teens and young adults constantly on the go, make sure they have a portable charger that packs a punch.
- Gaming Headset. If your teen doesn’t have a gaming headset, this is a reasonably priced gift to get them that they will appreciate. (This model was requested by one of our teen sons).
- Leather Wallet. Now that our boys are getting older, they need to have a wallet for their debit cards, school i.d., and money.
- Another gaming item to get is a gaming chair. This has been on our boys’ Christmas wish list for a while, and this one is rated best value.
- Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker. Our kids like to play their music in the shower and throughout the house, and this speaker will have them covered.
- Drone. While our boys haven’t asked for this yet, it is something that my husband wants (he’s a boy, right? LOL) and a great gift idea for teens that are really into gadgets and making videos.
- Capture the Flag Game—a fun game to add to the list.
- Adidas Running Sneakers. Inexpensive shoes to add to the Christmas list. This was on a list for 2019. This year, since we’re spending more time at home, no one asked for shoes.
- Supreme Black Arm Sleeve. Our youngest plays a lot of basketball, so he’s always asking for new basketball gear. A new basketball or hoop is another gift idea.
- Speaking of basketball, if your teen loves basketball, get an over-the-door basketball hoop.
- Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Generation). The boys received this last year, and our youngest son, age 15, uses it all the time. It’s great for setting reminders, listening to music, the news, and more.
- Clothes, clothes and more clothes. Our kids have always asked for clothes, ranging from band t-shirts to sweatshirts of their favorite basketball teams and music icons.
- Body Wash Gift Sets. Our boys love AXE and Dove Men + Care products. You can find the gift sets at your local retailer.
- Jerseys. They have also asked for a Jersey of one of their favorite basketball players.
- Gaming Cards. This is always on their list, PlayStation Gaming Cards, Xbox Cards, Nintendo cards.
- Gift Cards. When you can’t think of anything, gift cards to their favorite restaurants, gas cards if they are driving, and cards to their favorite clothing store and game store.
- Food gift cards. I mentioned gift cards above, but I am specifically calling this out since one of our teens likes to order from a food delivery service. If this is your teen, consider purchasing gift cards for their favorite delivery service, such as Door Dash, Uber Eats, etc.
- Star Wars Lego Set. Even teens still play with Legos, especially when their Star Wars Legos.
- Ralph Lauren Cologne. Boys want to look good and smell good, and this is a great gift idea!
- Portable Charger. With kids constantly on the go, having a good portable charger is a must.
- Basketball Shoes. Right now, basketball is postponed for us due to the pandemic, but if your son plays a lot of basketball, consider this as a gift idea.
- Tile Trackers. This may not seem like a gift teen would want, but how many times do they lose stuff? I rest my case. (P.S. This is also a great gift to give to husbands.)
- Virtual Reality Headset. For tech teens, this is a fun gift idea.
- Crocs or Nike Slip-Ons are just what teen boys need. In previous years, our boys asked for Nike Slip-Ons. They wear them year-round, and we live in Michigan. This Christmas, the youngest asked for Crocs.
- Speaking of shoes, comfy slippers are another great gift idea. We recently purchased pairs for our teen sons, and they wear them all the time.
- LED lights for your teen’s bedroom. This particular LED light set comes with a remote for changing colors, and it looks pretty cool at night. Our youngest teen has LED lights hung up in his room, and apparently, quite a few of his friends have LED lights in their rooms.
- The boys suggested putting a Hydraflask on this list for a good gift idea.
- The latest video games, such as 2K21, Spiderman, and Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War are great gift ideas.
- And if you’re teen is into gaming, then a gaming membership for their gaming console. (You can get a great deal on a Playstation membership right now).
- The latest cell phone is also another good gift idea. Whether it’s an iPhone or the Samsung Galaxy phone, this could be your teen very happy on Christmas morning!
- A Weighted Blanket. One of our teen son’s has a weighted blanket, and I added it to my wish list. It’s pretty amazing.
And of course, the gift of money always works.
Whew, so many choices, right? Well, if you still need a few more gift ideas, you can check out my previous list of teen gift ideas for boys from a few years ago.