THEE Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
What happens when the breakfast sandwich fare at the typical fast food chain fails to raise an eyebrow or titillate your taste buds any longer?
Well, you do what any self –respecting foodie would do. You head into the kitchen on a mission to create a damn near perfect breakfast sandwich of your own design.
The cool thing about making a homemade breakfast sandwich is the chance to put whatever you like on it and your choice of toppings is only limited to your imagination and unique palette profile.
So if you have a penchant for diced cucumber and dill pickle relish then go for it.
For my version of THEE Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich I kept it simple and used some typical common ingredients. I kept it simple mostly because my Michigan garden is closed for the season. So, gone are my juicy heirloom tomatoes and spicy Anaheim peppers. Absent are the savory grilled fennel and succulent Summer Squash and roasted garlic slaw.
Okay enough already. Now, get yourself in the kitchen and follow the recipe below. And be sure to leave a comment and let me how your version of THEE Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich came out.
Related: Love Breakfast sandwiches? Check out Say Yes to Homemade Breakfast Sandwiches
Ingredients for THEE Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
• Bagels (2)
• Onion, sliced
• Eggs (2)
• Pink Lady Apple, sliced
• Garlic, minced
• Wright’s Thick Cut Bacon, 4-6 strips
• Roasted Pork Shoulder, 4-6 slices (we used leftover pork from Christmas Dinner. You can substitute with any type of meat)
• 2 Tbsps. Sweet Cream Butter
• Swiss Cheese, 2 slices
• 1 Tbsp. White Wine
• 1/2 Tsp. Truffle Oil
Instructions for putting together THEE Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
1. In a large cast iron skillet fry thick cut bacon. I like to add some fresh cracked black pepper just to liven things up. Once finished set aside.
2. In the skillet used to fry bacon pour off rendered bacon fat, except for a small amount. Warm sliced Pork Shoulder and set aside.
3. Wipe clean non-stick skillet used to caramelize onion, apple and garlic mixture. Melt 1 Tbsp. of butter in skillet and cook 2 eggs over-easy. After eggs have been turned over drizzle 1Tsp. Truffle Oil over eggs. After a few minutes slowly add 1 Tbsp. white wine and finish cooking. Once eggs are done set aside.
4. Wipe cast iron skillet clean then butter sliced bagels and brown them. Set aside.
Assemble sandwiches using toasted bagels with herb mayo, fried eggs, bacon, pork shoulder, Swiss cheese, caramelized onions, sliced apples and garlic mixture. Garnish with fresh sprigs of parsley.