A little talked about, but an amazing location for family travel is Branson, Missouri. These 17 Things To Do In Branson Missouri are just a small portion of what you and your family can enjoy in this small city in the Ozark mountains. This town isn’t just about country music shows. It includes excellent theme park attractions, lakes, adventures, and incredible entertainment. It’s a great family vacation destination that is sure to keep your family happy on your next vacation.
17 Things To Do In Branson, Missouri
- The Dixie Stampede– One of our favorite dinner shows while vacationing in Branson. All of the animals, funny moments and the audience engagement was right up our alley. And they serve good food as well. This is definitely a show you have to see if you visit!
- Belle Branson Showboat– This was my favorite show! A great dinner show that takes place on a boat giving you the full Americana show! Read more about our fun time on the Branson Belle!
- Visit Silver Dollar City – Quite possibly the biggest attraction for families, this full-fledged theme park includes great roller coasters, rides, and unbeatable food, vendors. Go back in time with blacksmith shops and saloon shows for a truly unique experience. During our Branson trip, we visited Silver Dollar City. It was an awesome “WOW” experience to watch how glass was made (hey, how about that educational fun!). We all loved seeing and meeting the Harlem Globetrotters! The boys were able to get their basketball signed. Be sure to stop by And they have some of the best cinnamon rolls!
- Watch The Shepherd Of The Hills. This outdoor passion of the Christ theater experience is highly popular. Adjacent to the outdoor theater you will find great tours, a fish hatchery and a great look at ancient times.
- See A Theater Production- Outside the music reviews, you’ll find great theater productions of hit plays that have played in places like Chicago as well as a few who have been on Broadway.
- Watch a Country, Gospel or Contemporary Music Review– Cover bands, great musicians, and original artists all bring music to life on stage at dozens of music review shows.
- Go boating or swimming at a local lake- Tablerock Lake is popular for boating, fishing, swimming and water skiing. Great tours and boat rentals are available throughout warmer months.
- Go Ziplining- Great adventure courses and ziplining tours are perfect for our boys, as well as yours. Great courses or younger kids, as well as harder courses for the older crowd. I highly recommend zipping at Branson Zipline & Canopy Tour.
- Visit Ripley’s Believe It Or Not– Branson houses a truly unique location of Ripley’s Believe It Or Not that will make your entire family laugh as well as occasionally often shudder in fear.
- Shop flea markets– The number of flea markets and local artisan shops throughout the city is astounding. Take advantage and buy great local unique items you can’t find elsewhere.
- Visit the Titanic Museum– This incredible lifelike museum is an amazing piece of history. Not only is the facility huge, the interior tour is a great way to get in touch with what the Titanic was truly like in its final hours.
- Visit White Water Branson- This great classic water park is a great thing to do in Branson this summer. Great for all ages and perfect for making everyone happy on hot summer days.
- Ride Branson Scenic Railway– Nothing is as fun for the kids as getting on a real train and taking the tour of the beautiful mountains, lakes, and landscape surrounding this thriving Ozark town.
- Visit Marvel Cave- Go underground to see water and rock formations in this amazing local cave. Great for those who don’t mind dark confined spaces with potential for a bat to fly around here and there.
- Visit Branson’s Promised Land Zoo– A zoo is a great choice for the entire family. This zoo is a fun place to visit while in Branson.
- Take A Segway Tour- Every time we see a Segway tour we think about Paul Blart Mall Cop, and of course, we want to hop on it and ride away. The Branson Segway Tours offers tons of fun for the entire family.
- Go on a Duck Tour- This truck and boat combination is a ton of fun for the whole family. Ride along as the Duck takes you around the area describing all of the important attractions. Enjoy the water ride as it takes you from land to water in the same boat.
These things to do in Branson, Missouri are just a handful of what you need to stay busy and have fun with your family in this beautiful city in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri.