Thinking about getting a new or used car this year? See why the Toyota Highlander is a contender.
Five Reasons the Toyota Highlander Could Be Your Car This Year
It’s a new year. And before we get into the whole new year, new me, let’s get serious for a moment.
What are some things you plan on accomplishing this year? I have goals, but I don’t make resolutions. I feel they will easily fail you, so it’s best to take it one day at a time.
However, we are starting to do some car shopping. We would love to upgrade to a new SUV or “modern van” in the next year. If you’re planning on buying a new (or used) vehicle this year, I have a few suggestions on why the Toyota Highlander could be your NEW Car this year!
I had a chance to drive this beauty for a week. I wish I could have kept her longer, but ya know how that goes.
Here are my opinionated reasons why you would love this car:
1. You have ROOM. This SUV gives you a lot of room. Room to store your groceries easily in the back. Room to stretch your legs. Room in the back seat, the middle seat and front seats. As a person almost at the height of six feet tall, I need ROOM! This is a MUST in our next vehicle. We have three growing boys, and they are quickly outgrowing our medium size SUV. You can seat up to eight people (if you pick the second-row captain’s chairs, it knocks it down to seven, but who’s counting?), with all of the seats reclining (yes, even the third-row seat reclines!).
2. Luxury. If you want an upgraded SUV, but not ready for a 70K vehicle, this Toyota Highlander gives you a luxury-type SUV with a middle-class budget. I love all the loaded features in this particular Highlander. I also love the sleek design, especially on the model I reviewed. The nautical blue is a beautiful color. This “style is anything but boring.”
3. Safety Ratings. If you’re looking for an SUV with 5-star government safety rating, the Toyota Highlander passing them with flying colors. It receives five stars for overall vehicle score, five stars for side crash, four stars for rollover, four stars for frontal driver side and five stars for the passenger side.
4. Family Friendly Vehicle. Got a family? Then this is an SUV you should put on your bucket list to check out. I love the captain bucket seats in the middle, and a third-row bench. All of the seats fold down for additional storage and hauling larger items. I didn’t have a chance to run to Ikea to test this part out, LOL. It was named the 2015 Best Hybrid SUV for Families and 2015 Best 3-Row SUV for families by U.S. News & World Report.
If you have a child with Autism, this is a vehicle worth considering. Not only do you have five-star safety features, but the built-in entertainment system, captain seating (making it easy to get the child in and out of the vehicle) and the roomy distance is ideal for a family with a child on the spectrum.
5. The technology. If you enjoy the convenience of modern-day technology in your vehicle, this baby is for you. I tested the limited edition, which came fully loaded. It has a DVD system with two headphone sets. I can’t tell you how thankful I was to have this feature. When you’re on the road with kids or a long drive, being able to watch a movie or play video games can help keep everyone entertained. And having headphones they can slap on their ears to drown out their noise, even better! I also loved the Entune™ Audio with Intelligent Touch entertainment system, GPS features, additional safety features (including a rear-view camera and blind spot signals on the windows). One neat safety feature I liked is the Available Lane Departure Alert (LDA). This feature warns you when you’re drifting out of your lane. It’s safe to say Toyota thought of everything.
When you’re ready to start hunting for a new vehicle, I hope these tips will be of some help. I had a wonderful time driving this Highlander all around Mid-Michigan and beyond. Even with the average gas mileage, I would add this Highlander to my list of contenders. Our family values quality, safety features, and room. When it comes to hunting for a new SUV, these reasons are why the Toyota Highlander could be our new car!
And let’s not forget, Toyota is here to help you go places!
Are you shopping for a new vehicle this year? What do you think of this Toyota Highlander? Leave me a comment below! I would love to hear what you have to say and hopefully help you pick out a new vehicle this year!