Looking for a healthy breakfast idea? Try your hand at mixing zucchini and sweet potatoes together to make this easy hash-brown omelet!
Zucchini & Sweet Potato Hash-Brown Omelet
I love this recipe for many reasons but mainly because it is healthy and Paleo (if you omit the toast). And it challenges the notion of a breakfast only being good if meat is clear and present on the plate. This recipe was also born out of my love of hash browns, and so it is both an omelet and a hash brown. And yes, eggs and sweet potatoes. Who knew?
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup sweet potato, shredded
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
1. In a bowl beat 4 eggs, add salt and pepper.
2. Add zucchini, sweet-potato and onion, beat well.
3. Scatter flour over mixture and mix well.
4. Set a skillet over medium heat, add EVOO. When oil is hot add 2 -3 tablespoons of egg and vegetable mixture. Allow eggs to cook firm then fold omelet over. Cook until brown then remove to a plate.
5. Add salt and pepper and serve.
Breakfast for two!
I rounded out the meal with some artisan homey white bread and the sautéed stalks of collard greens. And remember to keep it Paleo skip the bread. Enjoy.
Psst! If you’re a big fan of breakfast, be sure to grab our popular breakfast sandwich!