Dish Detergent can be used more than just washing dishes. Get tips on how to use Dish Soap in your daily routine: 12 Dawn Dish Soap Hacks
12 Dawn Dish Soap Hacks
Last week I shared easily every day hacks using your dishwasher. Well, let’s talk about another life-hack you may have forgotten about in your Kitchen! You might love using Dawn dish soap for all of your dirty dishes, but did you know it is good for so much more? The truth is, Dawn dish soap has TONS of practical uses, all of which have nothing to do with dirty dishes. Want to know more? Take a look below at 12 Dawn dish soap hacks you must try now!
1. Get a better manicure. Soak your fingers in a dish of warm water and a few drops of Dawn. It helps to soften cuticles and remove nail oils that keep polish products from applying evenly. I notice when I wash dishes by hand; my hands are always so soft after using Dawn!
2. Get sticky stuff out of hair. Did your child get gum, candy, peanut butter, or some other sticky substance in their hair? If so, give it a good shampooing with Dawn. It will help break up the oils and stickiness and get the hair clean.
3. Make the best bubbles. Want to blow super huge bubbles? Mix a little Dawn with your bubble solution and your bubbles are sure to be massive.
4. Get the dog clean. Dawn is safe enough to use as dog shampoo, and can help repel biting bugs as well! Just use as you would pet shampoo, taking care to avoid the eyes and face.
5. Clean cloth diapers. Dawn is gentle enough yet powerful enough to get cloth diapers clean. Just add a few drops of Dawn to hot water and let the diapers soak. Stir well and scrub as needed, then rinse clean and dry.
6. Keep plants pest free. Are bugs taking over your plants and turning them into an all you can eat buffet? Fill a spray bottle with water and add a few drops of Dawn. Shake well, then mist plants with the solution. It will help keep aphids and other pests that wish to eat your plants away.
7. Clean up driveway stains. Did someone’s car leak oil in your driveway? Apply a generous amount of Dawn to driveway stains (oil based) and scrub them good before rinsing. The Dawn will help break up the stain and get the driveway looking clean and clearer.
8. Clean tools. Do your tools look greasy and grimy? Dawn is perfect for cleaning off greasy tools. Whether it be yard tools or construction tools, Dawn and a little hot water is ideal for getting the grease and grime to break apart and wash away.
9. Clean gardener’s hands. Are your hands filthy from gardening? A little Dawn soap and hot water can help get you clean again. Plus it is gentle enough even on the most sensitive of skin so you can be generous with your use.
10. Wash out make up stains. Oil-based makeup such as foundation and lipstick will wash out of clothing easier if you pre-treat it with a few drops of Dawn. The Dawn will help break up the oils and help the stain release.
11. Prevent eyeglass fog. Are you tired of your glasses fogging up? Then wipe a little Dawn dish soap on them and rinse/wipe clean. This will leave a clear coating/protection that will prevent fogging in the future.
12. Make your boo-boo packs. Fill a zip lock bag with Dawn dish soap and then freeze. The solution will stay soft, making the perfect boo-boo bag. When your child has a scrape, the bag can simply be placed in the area and provide cooling relief.Did you ever think that Dawn dish soap could be so practical? Give these 12 Dawn dish soap hacks a try to see how they work for you!
Love Hacks? Be sure to check out some of these other life-saving hacks:
- 23 Best Laundry Hacks Every Mom Needs To Know
- 10 Best Uses for Aloe Vera
- 15 Kitchen Aid Hacks You MUST Try
- 8 Quick Sock Sorting Hacks