Get dinner on the table quickly, with these $5 Dinners your family will love. Easy and budget-friendly, we’re sharing 30 family dinner ideas to try!
$5 Dinners Your Family Will Love Over 30 Recipes!
When growing kids constantly want to eat you out of house and home, you have to find ways to get creative on dinner ideas.
When my kids were little, fixing toddler plates on the cheap was easy. I have three teens, and I am always looking for ways to stretch our food budget.
The meals I listed below can be made for about five dollars.
Quite a few of these recipes call for meat, such as beef. Beef can be more expensive, but I have found deals at my local farmer’s market, at my grocery store, and buying bulk or splitting a cow.
These are all great ways to save on meat. So something to keep in mind.
We also have a garden, which allows me to score most of my veggies for free.
When I don’t pull from our garden, and during the wintertime, I use my local farmer’s market (such as Horrocks or Fresh Thyme) to find specials.
I also shop for items when they are on sale or in season. I live in the Midwest, so five dollars can go a long way here.
However, if you’re in California, New York, or another area with higher prices, you will have to adjust your budget accordingly.
I put together this roundup of 30 Dinners under $5 bucks to hopefully help you get recipe ideas that will help stretch your food budget.
30 More $5 Dinners Your Family Will Love
4. Easy Bruschetta Linguine | Source: The Gracious Wife
5. Sloppy Joe Sliders | Source: A Mitten Full of Savings
6. Ramen Noodle Casserole Beef Skillet | Source: Amanda’s Cookin’
7. Black Beans and Rice | Source: Hello Little Home
8. Crunchy Beef and Bean Burritos | Source: Bubbly Nature Creations
10. One Dish Chili Mac | Source: $5 Dinners
11. Copycat Old Spaghetti Factory Spaghetti with Browned Butter and Mizithra Cheese | Source: The Thrifty Couple
12. Turkey and Bacon Lettuce Wraps | Source: Tastes of Lizzy T’s
13. Potato Chip Chicken Strips | Source: Parenting Chaos
14. Sweet Potato and Chickpea Burgers | Source: Frugal Living Mom
15. Hawaiian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches | Source: The Gracious Wife
17. Easy Spinach Ricotta Pasta | Source: Budget Bytes
18. Buffalo Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps | Source: Mom Endeavors
19. 30-Minute Corn Black Bean Chili | Source: Living Well Spending Less
20. Penne Parma Rosa | Source: The Gracious Wife
21. Ranch BLT Lettuce Wraps | Source: Krystal’s Kitsch
22. Fish Tacos with Cumin Lime Slaw | Source: Budget Bytes
23. Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Sandwiches | Source: Tammilee Tips
24. Rachel Ray Cowboy Chili | Source: The Thrifty Couple
25. Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps | Source: The Tiptoe Fairy
26. Crock Pot Ranch Chicken | Source: Penny Pincher Jenny
27. Healthy Baked Chicken Tenders | Source: So Says Sarah
28. BBQ Beef Stuffed Potatoes | Source: Budget Bytes
If you enjoy these ideas, check out my first 35 Dinners under $5 bucks popular post as well!