A good holiday cocktail adds a certain air of celebratory feel good to festivities, and that’s true for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic libations. So here’s the deal, we have created this cocktail with very specific tastes in mind. Say, hello to our Cran-Blueberry Whiskey Cocktail. Grab the recipe down below. Cheers!
Cran Blueberry Whiskey Cocktail
When I think of the year-end holidays I think of good times and great food. But there are also certain flavors I look forward to tasting and enjoying because they are part of the traditional flavors of the holiday season.
A good holiday cocktail, in my opinion, should also reflect traditional flavors, in this case, I made a homemade simple syrup using whole cranberries and blueberries. I started off just using the cranberries but I had some blueberries in the fridge that I needed to use so I figured, why not? It was a good choice.
What You Will Need To Make Our Cran Blueberry Whiskey Cocktail:
Bourbon Whiskey. For this holiday cocktail, I am using a good bourbon whiskey. I love the smoky caramel notes of a good bourbon whiskey. I also like how well the bourbon pairs effortlessly with the cran-blueberry simple syrup and ginger beer.
Cranberry & Blueberry Simple Syrup. I love making homemade simple syrups, mainly because I enjoy the process of making ingredients to use in my home bar. Simple syrup is something that takes minimal effort but can deliver big flavor. And simple syrup is extremely versatile and can be customized to include a wide variety of flavors. For this simple syrup recipe, I used blueberries and cranberries and adding a bit of ground ginger and clove.
Spiced Ginger Beer.
Lemons & Orange Slices
Blueberry Whiskey Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces whiskey
- 1 tablespoon of cranberry blueberry homemade berry syrup
- 2 dashes citrus angostura bitters
- top with spiced ginger beer and a 1/2 tablespoon of the cranberry and blueberry simple berry syrup
- Into a standard rocks glass add a single large block of ice, add cranberry blueberry homemade berry syrup, whiskey, and two dashes of citrus angostura citrus bitters.
- Using a long-handled bar spoon stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- Top cocktail with spiced ginger beer and a half-tablespoon of cranberry blueberry homemade berry syrup.
Blueberry Cranberry Homemade Simple Syrup
Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive