Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe
This is one of my favorite Breakfast dishes! We only eat it a few times a year. Why? I have no clue.. maybe because I am not the one that cooks it ;).
My hubby aka the Chef in our Worthey Household loves to make this dish, and it’s a tradition to have it on Christmas morning. Once all of the boys have torn apart all of the wrapping paper and screamed with the joy of their awesome presents, we sit down and have a big Christmas brunch. This year we had my little Brother and older Sister joining us for brunch.
Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipes are pretty easy to make, and these are all ingredients that you will be able to find a good deal on (I try to keep these items stocked in the freezer, just in case…)
If you’re looking for more easy, healthy breakfast recipes, be sure to check out the breakfast recipe section of the blog, including an easy breakfast recipe for Omelet Breakfast Bites and Zucchini & Sweet Potato Hash Brown Dish!
Here are the ingredients— Enjoy!
- 1 Bag of Ore- Ida Hash Brown Potatoes
- 1 tube of Bob Evan’s Italian Sausage
- 1 package of Smoked Gruyere Cheese
- 1 Large Sweet Vidalia Onion
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
- 8 Eggs
- 2 Cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup of Whole Milk
- 1 Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley
1. Slice onion and slowly caramelize in a sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of butter, about 20 minutes then set aside
2. Chop green and red peppers and set aside
3. Brown hash browns with Kosher salt, fresh cracked black pepper, and Old Bay seasoning then set aside
4. In a sauce pot combine 1 cup of milk, cream of mushroom and chicken soup stir on medium heat until smooth, set on low heat until ready to add to casserole
5. After hash browns are finished wipe skillet clean and set on medium heat, in a bowl crack eight eggs and mix with about a 1/3 cup of milk, kosher salt, and cracked black pepper…add about two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to skillet and when oil is hot slowly stir in eggs, when eggs are finished set aside
6. In a large casserole dish start layering ingredients like you would a lasagna, start with putting a little sauce in first and then add a layer of hash browns, then add some scrambled eggs then the veggies, then some sausage, this recipe will allow for 2 layers of ingredients then top with the gruyere cheese and Panko bread crumbs and fresh parsley
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes