This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PrepSealSave #CollectiveBias
Have quite a bit of asparagus on hand, and not sure how to preserve it or need a recipe idea? I’m sharing a creamy asparagus potato soup recipe. And how to preserve asparagus for the winter. It’s easy to put together and delicious!
Creamy Asparagus Potato Soup
How we love summer and all of those delicious summer flavors, and we want to preserve them forever don’t we? Well, with the FoodSaver® FM3941 Vacuum Sealing System and FoodSaver® Bags and Rolls Value Pack, we can capture and bring a bit of those summer favorites into the holiday season. Preserving all of the fruits and veggies we love is a whole lot easier than you ever imagined.
To capture the particular flavors well past the summer months in which they are produced is truly something special.
Read along as I share tips and tricks for preserving asparagus and how these tips save me money on my fresh veggies.
When the first frost arrives in late fall, the asparagus growing season has officially concluded. I use the FoodSaver® system to preserve the best asparagus of the summer and keep them around as an ingredient for Thanksgiving and additional holiday cooking.
Did you know the FoodSaver® is the solution to so many of your food problems? First and foremost you will save up to $2,700 yearly especially when you buy in bulk, purchasing grocery items on sale, the FoodSaver® vacuum seal system goes a long way in preventing waste. Second, you will save significant time. Marinating will never be the same, and when you can do it ahead why wouldn’t you?
Batch cooking and detailed food-planning are huge, and when you use the FoodSaver®, it is all done in minutes instead of hours. And the big one for me is you will save food, did you know the FoodSaver® helps preserve food up to 5x longer than keeping foods in baggies, foil, containers, and plastic wrap. Why? Well, when you vacuum seal, you keep the oxygen out and the freshness in the bag.
Here are the steps:
First, I measure the bag to fit the veggies or meats I am want to vacuum seal.
Second, I cut the bag using the cutting mechanism.
Third, I quickly vacuum seal the bag. Easy does it!
FoodSaver® FM3941 Vacuum Sealing System
Here is what you can do with this incredible product…
- Built-in features to easily preserve food in the freezer or refrigerator
- Built-in, easy to use Fresh Handheld Sealer makes refrigerator preservation fast and easy in addition to keeping food fresh in the freezer with airtight vacuum seal bags and rolls.
- Making and cutting bags is easy with dedicated roll storage and a built-in cutter
- Perfectly marinate meat and fish in minutes, not hours using the Quick Marinate Mode
I like how you can custom cut your bags to size, so it doesn’t matter how little or how big the food I want to preserve is I can make a bag to store it in. Genius! Did you know the FoodSaver® Bags and Rolls Value Packs are best for long-term freezer storage, blocking out air and helping to prevent freezer burn? And with their multi-layer design, these BPA-free vacuum-seal bags are flexible enough to hug food and seal effectively without gaps.
I was able to preserve 10 pounds of asparagus with an herb-butter marinade in less than 30 minutes. Now, that’s fast food done right!
It took me longer to make my herb-butter marinade than it did to preserve the asparagus using the FoodSaver® FM3941 Vacuum Sealing System.
Once the asparagus is in the bag, and I have added the marinade it only takes less than a minute to seal the storage bag.
How to make Creamy Asparagus Potato Soup
- 1 pound of steamed asparagus
- 1 pound cook red skin potatoes, cut in half
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups vegetable or chicken bone broth
- 3 medium baby Portabella mushroom, sliced thin
- Sprig of fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup bread cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced
- Fill a medium-size stockpot with water and add the red skin potatoes, place it over med-high heat. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender. About 15 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the potatoes and add the bag of preserved asparagus, boil the bag for an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove the bag and using a pair of kitchen shears cut the bag open.
- Pour the water out of the stockpot and add the potatoes, asparagus, mushroom, and parsley. Add the 4 cups of vegetable or chicken bone broth.
- Place the stockpot over medium heat.
- Using a wand mixer pulse the ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- Add a tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning.
- Add sea salt and freshly ground black peppercorns to taste.
- Serve with bread croutons, shredded smoked Gouda cheese, trimmed green onions, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
It’s no surprise to learn that the FoodSaver® System is the number 1 Vacuum Sealing solution in the U.S. And when you purchase the system it includes vacuum seal bags, vacuum zipper bags, and containers designed to work together with vacuum sealers for optimal performance. Also, right now you can save even more money when you purchase the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System and the FoodSaver® Bags and Rolls Value Pack.
I purchased the FoodSaver® System and the FoodSaver Bags and Rolls Value Pack at my local Costco! When purchasing the FoodSaver® System FM3941 Vacuum Sealing System at Costco during November, you will get $40 off. You will also get $10 off the FoodSaver® Bags and Rolls Value Pack (must have Costco membership).