This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #TopYourSummer #CherryPickinChocolate #SuperChunkyCookieDough #CollectiveBias
Double Chocolate Chip & Cherry Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
The summertime fun has just begun and in anticipation of the long hot days ahead, we created our Double Chocolate Chip & Cherry Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches. We created this recipe for two very good reasons. Well, we love cookies and around here everyone has a storied love affair with ice cream too. We made a fresh batch of Chocolate Chip & Cherry Cookies and filled them with Blue Bunny® ice cream.But before we added the ice cream we slathered the bottom of each cookie with smears of Smucker’s® ice cream toppings. It’s like holding pure joy in your hands. We are thinking you are going to want to try this recipe out. And remember, school will be out for the summer soon and these cookiefied ice cream sandwiches will ensure the kids are having extra innings of fun in the sun.
Alright, let’s get started:
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 stick plus 2 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, plus one egg yolk
- 1 tsp McCormick’s pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of mixed dark and milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup of dried cherries
- Blue Bunny® Cherry Pickin’ Chocolate™ ice cream
- Blue Bunny® Chunky Chocolate Chip
- Blue Bunny® Double Strawberry
- Smucker’s® Hot Fudge and Smuckers Caramel Ice Cream Toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, Kosher salt in a medium size bowl. Mix with a fork until all ingredients are incorporated. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment add softened butter and whisk until just fluffy.
- Add granulated and brown sugar and cream together and beat for 40 seconds.
- Add pure vanilla extract, one egg plus egg white and mix on medium speed until just incorporated.
- Add corn syrup and beat for an additional minute.
- With the mixer on its lowest setting, gradually add flour mixture a little at a time until flour mixture has been completely added to the butter and sugar.
- Next, fold in dark and milk chocolate chips and dried cherries and mix.
- Remove the cookie dough from the stand mixer and divide it in half and roll out using a little bit of flour scattered on the surface of a working surface. Make two discs and wrap each with plastic wrap, then chill in the refrigerator for up to an hour.
- Remove from the fridge ad allow the cookie dough to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Divide the cookie dough into 2″ sections and roll the cookie dough in the palms of your hands and work into a ball.
- Place cookie dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat. Space cookies 2 inches apart and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove baked cookies from the oven and let them cool slightly before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Let’s make some ice cream cookie sandwiches. Place a cookie upside down then spoon and spread your choice of Smucker’s® ice cream toppings on the cookie, about a tbsp will do ya’.
- Blue Bunny® Double StrawberryNext, using an ice cream scoop place an ample dollop of your favorite Blue Bunny® ice cream onto the prepared cookie. We used Blue Bunny® Cherry Pickin’ Chocolate™, and Blue Bunny® Chunky Chocolate Chip.
- Then spread ice cream topping onto the second cookie with either the same Smucker’s® ice cream topping or use a different one (or both), your choice.
- Place the cookie on top of the ice cream and there it is. One of most delicious cold treats you’ll have all summer!
I stopped by my local Walmart to pick up all of my supplies. Head over to your local Walmart, they’ll have everything you will need to make your very own Double Chocolate Chip & Cherry Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches. You will also find other Blue Bunny flavor varieties to try, and Smucker’s toppings. The Blue Bunny Ice Cream varieties have new & clear packaging, which will allow you to see all of the flavor swirls.
Okay, now tell me, what is your go-to summertime frozen treat? I want to hear about it.