I am a big fan of cookie dough and bark. Putting these two things together, makes for a fabulous EASY recipe! This is also an awesome kid-friendly treat. I know with class parties, I’m always looking for an easy Valentine’s Day treat that doesn’t require a lot of effort, but also steers clear of peanut butter and other allergy-related foods. With this easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bark recipe, you can turn this into a Valentine’s Day treat or just bake for fun!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bark
If you are a lover of bark recipes, then be sure to check out my White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe! And if you are a lover of cookie dough, the kids will absolutely LOVE Monster Cookie Dip and my recipe for Monster Cookies!
- 1⁄2 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 1⁄4 C. sugar
- 1⁄2 C. packed brown sugar
- 2 tbs. Milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 C. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 C. chocolate chips – mini or regular
- 2 12 oz packages of Wilton light pink candy melts
- foil lined baking sheet
Directions for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bark
- Combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, milk and vanilla mixing well.
- Slowly add in the flour and salt.
- Pour one package of the candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Pour the melted candy melts out onto the foil-lined baking sheet. Use the back of a large spoon to evenly spread the chocolate out. Make sure to not make it too thin. I made mine about 1/4” of an inch thick. Be aware that one package of melted candy melts will probably not cover the entire baking sheet – that is OK.
- Allow the candy melts to set 510 minutes at room temperature. You want it still soft but not completely hardened.
- Once the candy has started to set but has not completely hardened, place the cookie dough on top of the melted chocolate. Use your hand to evenly press the cookie dough down on top of the chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge.
- Next, repeat step number #3 with the second bag of candy melts. Allow the melted chocolate cool a few minute prior to pouring over the top of the cookie dough.
- Remove the baking sheet from the fridge and evenly pour the melted chocolate out on top of the cookie dough using the back of the spoon to evenly spread the chocolate out.
- Place the baking sheet back into the fridge for another 15-20 minutes. Once it has hardened, remove from the fridge and break into smaller pieces.
Other Bark Recipes to try: