Oh, my goodness– these Monster Cookies are to die for…
Okay, maybe not die, but your kids are going to LOVE this super easy recipe for Monster Cookies and you will too!
Recipe for Monster Cookies
Monster Cookie Ingredients –
- 1 ½ C. creamy peanut butter
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 C. brown sugar
- ½ C. butter, softened
- 1 tbs. sour cream
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 ½ C. rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 C. chocolate chips
- 1 C. regular or baking M&M’s
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large bowl combine the creamy peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, butter, sour cream, vanilla and eggs. Mix well. Add in the 2 tsp. of baking soda.
2. Slowly fold in your 4 ½ C. of rolled oats, mixing well.
3. Next add in your 1 cup of chocolate chips and ¾ of the M&M’s.
4. Drop by large tablespoon onto a cookie sheet (I like to line mine with foil for super easy clean up) and gently press down into a more rounded shape. Press some of your extra M&M’s into the top of the cookie dough.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will turn golden brown. Try not to over bake. They are even better if a little bit undercooked and not crunchy.
*Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies. Store in an airtight container 1-2 weeks. These cookies also freeze well.