Get ready to eat a delicious homemade cookie with our Monster Cookies recipe. Perfect for the monster lover or a Halloween baking cookie idea; these monster cookies from scratch is a great copy cat cookie monster cookies recipe idea to try! Grab the recipe down below.
Oh, my goodness– these Monster Cookies are to die for… Okay, maybe not die, but your kids are going to LOVE this super easy recipe for Monster Cookies and you will too!
Great for holiday baking, like Halloween or any time of the year, these are delicious homemade cookies worth trying! Whether you’re planning a monster-themed party or have a kid that is into all things monster, you’ll love this easy homemade cookie recipe.
If you’re into the monsters, be sure to check out this easy recipe for cookie monster fudge.
Recipe for Monster Cookies
Everything you need to make Monster Cookies from scratch
- 1 ½ cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of butter softened
- 1 tbs. sour cream
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 ½ cup of rolled oats (not the quick-cooking variety)
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of regular or baking M&M’s
Directions on making homemade monster cookies
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large bowl combine the creamy peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, butter, sour cream, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well. Add in the two tsp. of baking soda.
2. Slowly fold in your 4 ½ C. of rolled oats, mixing well.
3. Next, add in your 1 cup of chocolate chips and ¾ of the M&M’s.
4. Drop by large tablespoon onto a cookie sheet (I like to line mine with foil for super easy clean up) and gently press down into a more rounded shape. Press some of your extra M&M’s into the top of the cookie dough.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will turn golden brown. Try not to over bake. They are even better if a little bit undercooked and not crunchy.
*Makes approximately three dozen cookies. Store in an airtight container 1-2 weeks. These cookies also freeze well.