Get ready to celebrate Dr. Seuss Day with our Dr. Seuss Candy Board and Party idea. Get the details on ways you can celebrate Dr. Seuss’s day and party ideas down below.
Dr. Seuss Day Party Ideas
Happy Dr. Seuss Day! March 2nd is Dr. Seuss’s birthday, as well as National Reading Day. March is also known as National Reading Month, kicking off with a full week of celebrating Dr. Seuss’s birthday and reading week.
Growing up, I loved reading The Cat In The Hat, as well as watching the movie. Green Eggs and Ham, Horton Hears a Who!, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas were other favorites I enjoyed reading (as well as watching those movies).
But of all the books and movies, Oh the Places You’ll Go is my favorite book by Dr. Seuss. I received it as a graduation present from a teacher who I admired and worked with during my years as a high school student.
Here are a few ways you can plan a Dr. Seuss Party
As we gear up to celebrate Dr. Seuss Birthday Week, there are so many ways you can celebrate his birthday. Hosting a Dr. Seuss Party, including decorating your classroom, is a fun way to get everyone into the celebration.
- Collect all the Dr. Seuss Books (You can pick them up at your library or purchase a set here).
- Put up a balloon garland. You can order a 30 piece Dr. Seuss balloon kit, as well as a Dr. Seuss Super Shape Foil Balloon.
- Pick up a few movies to watch. If you’re planning a movie night, The Lorax is one we recommend.
- Themed party supplies. Stop by your party store or order online to get themed plates, napkins, cups, and more.
Dr. Seuss Food Ideas
Themed food ideas. There are quite a few ways you can celebrate Dr. Seuss Day with creative food ideas. Our Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes are super cute and would be a huge hit in the classroom or at a party. Jello snacks for kids featuring Thing 1 and Thing 2 is another food-themed idea to make.
If you want something easy and healthy, our Strawberry Banana Cat In The Hat is a great way to celebrate Dr. Seuss’s day.
You can also create a Dr. Seuss Grazing Board
We love creating fun and easy, grazing boards. They are a perfect addition to any party. Here is what you need to put this board together.
- Dr. Seuss Themed Cookies (You can find recipes all over Pinterest)
- White Shimmer Pearl Sixlets
- Red Sixlets
- Blue Sixlets
- Orange + White Mini Twist lollipops
- Dr. Seuss Candy Kabobs (made with gummies, marshmallows, and candy)
- Red, White, and Blue Sprinkles
Dr. Seuss Party Ideas
Here are a few party ideas from around the Internet we love!
So many fun ways to celebrate Dr. Seuss Day! From parties to themed snacks and crafts, pick one and go for it. Dr. Seuss’s birthday is a jumpstart to something even more critical- National Reading Month! Use his books in the classroom and at home to get your kids reading!
Happy Dr. Seuss Day!