Are you planning an Oscar watch party this year? If so, we have a fun gold Oscar party idea to check out. We’re showing you easy ways, and quick decor hacks on pulling off a fun award watching party. And thanks to our friends at G.H. Cretors® for sponsoring this post and bringing the popped corn.
Be sure to check out how you can win a prize pack from G.H. Cretors® down below!
Gold Oscar Party Idea | Easy Ways To Pull Of an Oscar Award Watching Party
The 2018 Academy Award Show, also known as the Oscars is just about a week away. We love to entertain, but sometimes trying to pull off a party, along with the food, decorating, and entertainment for our guests can be a lot of work.
There are a few tips and tricks you can do to pull off a fabulous party.
First, keep your decorating simple. One of the decorating hacks that save me every time is buying decorations. Instead of spending several hours on creating my own decorations, I stopped at some of my favorite stores and craft stores to buy pre-packaged decor items.
- I picked up movie/cinema signs from a craft store. I was excited to find a few that were in gold and black, the theme colors for my party.
- Another time-saving tip- when you don’t have time to shop in-stores, you can find a lot of great party decor items online. I was able to order the Oscar statues and the cupcake holder online.
- As much as we love to cook, sometimes buying a few platters of cheese, chicken wings, veggie sticks are okay (we’re sharing a few simple recipes down below). I also like to skip out on making cupcakes, and pick-up store bought ones.
Creative ways to style your popcorn.
One fun food item you will find at many Oscar watch parties is the popcorn. Most of us like to watch popcorn when watching a movie, so it’s only right to serve it at your award watch party. However, instead of serving popcorn in a plain-Jane bowl, here are a few ways you can jazz it up!
I am in love with G.H.Cretors® Popped Corn, the Caramel variety. I added a few pieces of popped corn to the top of my cupcakes. Don’t knock this until you try it, it’s good! Another good mix to try is our popcorn s’mores brownie dessert.
There are so many ways you can incorporate popcorn into your party. For this idea, we used G.H.Cretors® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil popped corn, an olive, parmesan cheese, and a piece of bacon, placed on a bakeable spoon. Bake it in the oven on 350 for 15 minutes.
Grab some fancy paper gift bags and stick popcorn in them. Not only is this a decorative way to style your party table, but guests can pick up a bag (or two) and take it with them to their seat. Plus, you don’t have dirty up bowls or cups for popcorn, it’s all in the bag!
I used small gold paperclips and labels to write the variety of G.H.Cretors® Popped Corn on each bag. It’s simple, yet adds a fancy appeal to this Oscar party idea.
Another way we displayed our popcorn for this gold party idea is in Champagne glasses. It adds a layer of fun and jazz to this watch party and allows for a creative way for you to enjoy it. I also added black and gold bowties (picked up a local party decor store) and tied them to each glass. This brings a “pop” to our popped corn!
We like to give our guests a little treat, so making popcorn bags to go was an obvious choice. I picked up gold designed plastic bags from a craft store and filled each bag with a different mix.
We’re all into serving a variety of popcorn at our parties, and thankfully G.H. Cretors® creates several varieties.
My favorite so far is the Caramel, and The Mix satisfies the need of caramel, plus combining it with real cheddar and cheese corn. Another great variety to try is Cheese Lovers Mix. The Cheese Lover’s Mix is a delicious combination of four perfectly blended kinds of cheese. Enjoy the taste of bold, sharp yellow cheddar cheese along with a mixture of Romano, parmesan, and white cheddar cheeses.
Dating back to 1885, G.H.Cretors® has been around for a long time. They have gone through five generations, but one thing has remained the same. Create obsessively delicious popcorn by only using real, simple, high-quality ingredients.
And the Oscar goes to…
With all the great blends, homemade popped corn, with quality ingredients, it’s no wonder the life of the party starts when you hear the pop of a G.H.Cretors® bag being opened up!
The second to last thing we did to pull off a great Oscar Party is- get your guests involved. While the award show is the main event, have your guests get involved by using our FREE 2020 Oscar Ballot printable Oscar ballot Free printable.
We’ve listed all of the categories and nominations. Before the show starts, have each guest fill out a sheet, predicting who they think will win.
You can also use our free Oscar Ballot card (grab the free download here oscar ballot printable inside and oscar ballot free printable outside updated for 2020). While the award show is going on, you can your guests accept the ballot card (if they won that category), as well as giving them an Oscar statue. You can order a set of 12 here.
Party Food To Serve At Your Oscar Party
The last thing you need to have at your party is the FOOD! Here are two simple appetizers you can create in about 30 minutes or less.
Loaded Deviled Eggs with Bacon with Beet Yogurt Creme
- 1 avocado, cut in half with the seed and skin removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 3 strips bacon, cut into thin ribbons
- 6 eggs
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Fill a small stockpot with water and set it to boil over high heat, when the water begins to boil add the six eggs. Boil the eggs for 12 minutes. Remove the eggs from the hot water and place them in an ice bath for 10 minutes or until the eggs are cool enough to handle safely. Peel the eggs and using a paper towel wipe off any excess moisture. Use a very sharp knife to cut the eggs in half
- In a skillet over med/high add a tablespoon of olive oil, when the oil is hot add the thin strips of bacon, fold the bacon over until you get a loose circle, continue to fry until brown, then turn over and brown the other side until crisp. Remove bacon and place them on paper towels to absorb excess grease. Set aside.
- Cut an avocado in half and remove the seed, scoop the flesh of the avocado into the bowl of the food processor, add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and freshly cracked black peppercorns to taste, pulse the mixture until smooth. Set aside.
- Wash clean the mushrooms as necessary, cut the mushrooms into long planks, set them aside.
- To build the loaded deviled eggs place a half tablespoon of the avocado on top of the halved hard-boiled egg, add a plank of mushroom, add crispy bacon and fresh parsley, finally, add a dollop of Beet Yogurt Creme. Serve.
Beet Yogurt Creme
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons beet juice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly cracked black peppercorns to taste
In a blender add balsamic vinegar, beet juice, Greek yogurt, and walnut oil. Pulse mixture until it is creamy. Add sea salt and freshly cracked black peppercorns to taste.
Savory Taco Cups Recipe
- 1 can Refried beans
- 1 can corn with red peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium red or Spanish onion
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium flour tortillas, cut into quarters
- 2 medium corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup green or red Picante sauce or salsa
- peppers for garnish
- Wash the lettuce and shred it using a large sharp knife. Place in a bowl and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- In a skillet over med/high heat add two tablespoons of oil, when the oil is hot pan fry the flour and corn tortillas in batches until they are golden brown, transfer fried tortillas onto a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet and add two tablespoons of oil, when the oil is hot brown the ground beef and season with taco seasoning, strain off the excess grease when the ground beef is finished cooking. Set.
- Wipe out the skillet and add a single tablespoon of oil over medium heat, when the oil is hot add the refried beans, and about a half-cup of water, break apart the refried beans and continue to stir and add a little water at a time until you achieve the consistency you want. Set aside on a warmer.
- In a small pot over medium heat warm the whole kernel corn with red peppers.
- In the bottom of a serving glass and two tablespoons of refried beans, add two tablespoons of seasoned ground beef, add two tablespoons of whole kernel corn with red peppers, add shredded lettuce, shredded Mexican cheese, and Picante or salsa, and add a hot pepper. Rim the glass with several pan-fried flour and corn tortillas. Serve.
For drinks, a bottle of Champagne will do the trick. If you want something a little more exotic or add some jazz to it, we have a few of our favorite cocktails you can try this weekend.
- The French 75 Cocktail Made Two Ways
- Honey Orange Mimosa Cocktail
- Red Velvet Cocktail
- American Mule Bourbon Cocktail
When you’re putting your Oscar Party together, don’t worry about pulling off a perfect party.
With a few simple decor ideas, great food, fun entertainment, and the right atmosphere, your party will go down as the best awards party EVER!
We tend to not stress about the small details. The focus of an awards party is to watch the awards. Yes, having great food matters. Having the right popped corn matters. Clean bathrooms matter. And you, being present front and center at your party will matter. So, use time-saving hacks like buying appetizers, cupcakes, and party decorations to help ease your load. And even the G.H.Cretors® Popped Corn is something you can buy at your local store, or order it through Amazon!
So.. who do you think will take home an Oscar? Leave your predictions below! And, if you have a FAVORITE G.H.Cretors® Popped Corn, tell us!
Learn more about G.H. Cretors® Popped Corn by visiting their website, including checking out cool recipes you can make with popped corn.
See more popcorn party ideas: