Our Grapefruit Gin Martini is sure to be a new classic drink! Everyone loves a nice martini, but adding in grapefruit kicks it up just enough to make it a fun new twist on your favorite classic. This is also a perfect drink to serve at a dinner party, weekend barbecue, or to surprise your spouse with after a long hot day at work.
Grapefruit Gin Martini
For this grapefruit gin martini, you can use your own fresh made grapefruit juice, or buy already squeezed juice. Both work wonderfully, just make sure to remove the pith, fibers, and seeds if you are squeezing your own juice. Nobody wants to find a grapefruit seed in their gin martini.
- 1.5 ounces Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 2.5 ounce Fresh Squeezed Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- 1-ounce Simple Syrup
- Fresh Oregano Sprig
- Wedge of Grapefruit
- Ice Cubes
- In a cocktail shaker add Bombay Sapphire Gin, fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice, simple syrup and top with ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a standard Martini glass.
- Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit and a fresh sprig of oregano.
If you’ve never made a simple syrup, it is very simple and only takes a few moments. You can even easily add flavor like grapefruit for this cocktail. To add flavor, you simply have to place herbs, citrus peel, or similar flavor infusion item into the syrup when it is still hot to help infuse that flavor into the syrup.
- Add equal parts sugar and water to saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add in flavor (in this case grapefruit rind).
- Remove from heat, allow to cool, and chill until ready to use.
- Remove herb, citrus, or other flavor infusion item and mix into the cocktail.
Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive
If you are looking for a bright refreshing twist on a classic gin martini – this fun new grapefruit gin martini is going to be a huge hit. Prepare to dazzle everyone with a delicious citrus infused pink drink that will become a long-time favorite of everyone that takes a sip.