With summer just around the corner, light, no-bake meals are the perfect lunch or dinner. Our mango apple salad is filled with important nutrients, fresh mango, Honeycrisp apples, Parmesan Reggiano, and tons of fresh arugula drizzled with Honey Avocado + Thyme salad dressing. Grab this summer salad recipe down below.
Arugula is one of my favorite salad greens and with its peppery sweetness, it is hard to beat. For this salad recipe, I tossed the greens with homemade mayo, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, and Truffle oil and it was simply delicious! But that was just the beginning, next I added fresh Granny Smith apples, sweet mango, and slices of cherry tomatoes. I am over here making myself hungry! Excuse me while I drool.
This makes for a great light lunch salad or a delicious salad course served before or with dinner.
Did you know that fresh arugula is packed with nutrients and a couple of servings are less than 10 calories?
Our Honey Avocado + Thyme salad dressing is kinda righteous!
Did you know it really doesn’t take much to make a great salad? No, really! It is one of the reasons l keep my salad game sharp because when you hungry and kick-starting the stove takes too long salads are an ideal meal to put together. All you really need is salad greens and a few additional ingredients and BAM! You’re in like Flynn! Don’t ask me who Flynn is because I just so happen to not know. But salads I do know, and this one here is not only lit but it is muy good for you too. That’s a double bonus, innit?
Easy summer salad recipe | Mango Apple Salad
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 mango
- 1 Honeycrisp apple
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Honey Avocado + Thyme salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Parmesano Reggiano
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of freshly ground black peppercorns
- ProTip: Prepare the mango, Honeycrisp apples, and cherry tomatoes ahead of time.
- Wash, rinse and thoroughly drain fresh arugula.
- Toss the salad greens with 1/3 cup of the Honey Avocado + Thyme salad dressing until the arugula is evenly coated.
- Transfer the arugula to a serving bowl and top with slices of mango, apples, and mini-cherry tomatoes.
- Add Parmesan Reggiano
recipe for Honey Avocado + Thyme Salad Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black peppercorns
- Into a food processor add the flesh of one ripe avocado, mayonnaise, honey, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and freshly cracked black peppercorns.
- Pulse the ingredients until smooth, the mixture should be creamy and should coat the back of a spoon but pourable.
- Drizzle over salad and serve.
What’s your favorite type of summer salad?
Here are a few other summer salad recipes you may like:
Cucumber & Pasta Salad Sushi
Share and pin it for later!