Mojitos are a popular drink to sip on all year-long. However, in the summer, when peaches and strawberries are in-season, this is a great time to mix a little rum, peaches, and strawberries to put a twist on your classic mojito—introducing our summer mojito cocktail, the Peach & Strawberry Rum Mojito.
What is a strawberry mint mojito?
This strawberry mint cocktail is essentially a mojito paired with a strawberry daiquiri! Peach lemonade, strawberries, spiced rum, mint, and ice all in one decadent cocktail.
Call it what you will, this recipe right here for the strawberry mint mojito is bursting with a sweet flavor.
What if I can’t find peach lemonade?
If you can’t find peach lemonade, you can either make it homemade or swap it out. Feel free to use a classic lemonade, strawberry, etc. I know it will alter the flavor, but not everywhere has peach lemonade on hand. You can also look for peach juice or nectar that you can swap with.
What is the best rum to use for this cocktail?
I used a black spiced rum, but you can use any rum, to be honest. I love the richness from the black rum, but any of your favorite rums will work as well.
Tips for Making This Cocktail
- If you opt to muddle the mint leaves, just make sure to not be too aggressive to the leaves.
- Fresh or frozen berries will work, it will just adjust the texture slightly.
- Use ginger ale or a lemon-lime soda to make this a non-alcoholic drink.
- Add a splash of club soda for some bubbles.
How to Make a Pitcher Of This Strawberry Mint Mojito
If you want to serve a crowd, just adjust the recipe. This recipe serves 1, so just make as much as you need to serve up a crowd. I have made a batch to serve 8 and it works great, just reach for a pitcher.
The biggest thing is serving this drink fresh instead of letting it sit for a long time. It will begin to water down, so whip it up and serve!
- 0.5-ounce Mint Simple Syrup
- 1.5 ounces Kraken Black Spiced Rum
- 3 ounces Santa Cruz Peach Lemonade
- 2-3 strawberries
- Fresh Sprig of Mint
- Crushed Ice
- Drop strawberries into the cocktail shaker tin and muddle.
- Add mint syrup, black spiced rum, peach lemonade, and crushed ice.
- Secure the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake the contents for 30 seconds.
- Strain the contents into a Mojito-style filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with slices of fresh strawberries and peach.