Oatmeal bowls are an easy and delicious way to start your day off in the right direction. Plus, I love the versatility of oatmeal bowls because you can add whatever healthy ingredients you like. For this recipe, I used fresh sweet plums and lots of other energy-boosting ingredients to create this plum + peanut butter oatmeal bowl. Read on!
Plum + Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bowl
There’s nothing like a good oatmeal bowl loaded with all of your favorite things! For this oatmeal bowl recipe, we used quick organic quick oats, light brown sugar, and an assortment of delicious and nutritious ingredients I grabbed out of the cupboard.
I also love the energy boost I get from eating oatmeal, and when combined with a variety of additional superfoods, you can’t lose! Plus, oatmeal bowls are an excellent pre or post-workout meal.
Sidebar: Listen to your body, some folks prefer to eat before a workout, and some prefer to eat after a workout.
For me, eating after my workout works best. If you experience low-energy because you have eaten before a workout routine, then try eating after your workout. When we listen to our bodies, we tend to get experience better results when it comes to our overall health and relationship to the foods we eat.
When it comes to adding toppings to your oatmeal, feel free to let your foodie imagination roam far and wide. So many great combinations!
Other bowls you may want to try:
I started with a cup and a half of quick organic oats and cooked them using three cups of water, and when they’re done, I added a tablespoon of light brown sugar and a pinch of ground cinnamon then mixed it all thoroughly. That’s a pretty good start!
I added a fresh-sliced plum, but feel free to add your favorite fruit and additional toppings. Berries, bananas, pears, apples, or mango! Or use them all, the skies the limit!
What You Will Need To Make Our Plum Oatmeal Bowl:
Oatmeal. Organic. Steel Cut. Gluten-Free. Whole Rolled Oats. Or Quick Oats. Use whatever kind of oats you love best.
Fruit. For this recipe, I used freshly sliced plum but, of course, use whatever kind of fruit you want to use.
Peanut Butter & Honey. I mixed smooth organic peanut butter and raw honey, then heated the mixture in the microwave, then spooned the warm creamy mixture on top of the oatmeal. I’m not going to lie; it was pretty freaking good!
Cocoa Nibs & Pistachios. To add a bit of crunchy texture, I added crushed cocoa nibs and chopped pistachios; both are superfoods and so good.
Shredded Coconut. Want a bit of sweetness? Add shredded organic coconut; I used sweetened, but if you’re not feeling the sweetened coconut, add the unsweetened shredded coconut.
Almond Milk. I love almond milk! For this recipe, I used three-tablespoons to add a bit of creamy goodness. But you can also use oat milk, soy, coconut, or even dairy milk if that’s your jam.
You Will Love Our Plum + Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bowl Because It’s:
Great For Post Workout
Plum + Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups organic oatmeal
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 fresh organic plum sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons organic smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon organic raw honey
- 12 pistachios chopped
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs crushed
- 1 tablespoon shredded organic coconut sweetened
- Prepare oatmeal following the package directions. Sidebar: For every 1/2 ounce of quick oats, use one cup of water.
- When the oatmeal is finished cooking, stir in one tablespoon of light brown sugar and mix the sugar into the oatmeal thoroughly.
- Spoon the oatmeal into a serving bowl and add sliced plum around the inside edge of the oatmeal.
- Place the honey and peanut butter into a small bowl and microwave for 30-45 seconds. Remove the mixture from the microwave and spoon on top of the oatmeal.
- Scatter the chopped pistachios, crushed cocoa nibs, and shredded coconut on top of the oatmeal as well.
- Pour as much unsweetened almond milk as you like.
Now, you got the recipe; all you have to do is make it and enjoy how delicious this Plum Oatmeal Bowl really is! If you try it, please come back and let us know. Your comments are always welcome and much appreciated. Have a beautiful day!