Easy Christmas cookie recipe with peppermint: Pecan Sugar Cookie Sandwiches with No Bake Lemony Cheesecake Filling
Yes. The title is right. That’s two Pecan Sugar Cookies with Lemony Cheesecake filling. It’s awesome. It’s radical. It’s stupid delicious! And it’s right here. You know me, I enjoy baking outside of the box. I wing it a lot in the kitchen. Why? Because it’s fun and I seldom know where my mind will take me until the finished product is plated and staring me in the face saying, “Eat me already!”. So, if you like pecans, sugar cookies and no bake cheesecake with a citrusy splash of lemon, then there’s a pretty good chance you’re gonna love this. The recipe is all yours, and it’s sitting right here for you to try in your kitchen. Let me know how you like ’em and shoot me a line with pictures. ‘Cause if there ain’t any pictures… it never happened.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp heavy cream or half and half
No Bake Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 14 ounces sweet condensed milk ( I used Borden’s)
- 2 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 4 tbsp Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses, chopped
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl mix together using a fork or wire whisk the flour, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
- Into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add butter and sugars and mix until combined.
- Crack in 1 egg and add heavy cream and chopped pecans. Combine.
- With the stand mixer set on low gradually add the flour mixture a 1/3 at a time until it is just combined.
- Divide the cookie dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll out sugar cookie dough and roll out to 1/4″ thickness.
- Use a standard circle cookie cutter and cut out cookies.
- Place cookie dough on a silicon baking mat or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure cookies are 2 inches apart.
- Cook in a 375 degree over for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack until cookies are safe to handle.
- Clean out bowl of stand mixer and let’s make some delicious no bake cheesecake filling.
- Add cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Pour in sweet condensed milk and continue to beat until mixture in smooth.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, mint, vanilla extract and Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses chopped. Mix.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Return bowl to stand mixer and add 1 cup of powdered sugar. Mix well. Return to refrigerator to chill.
Turn cookies upside down and add a tablespoon of no bake cheesecake filling. Top with a cookie. Continue until all cookie sandwiches are made.
Store in refrigerator to allow filling to set.
Serve. Enjoy and eat some more.