I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
Sausage & Avocado Breakfast Sandwich
In my continued partnership with Johnsonville, I’m back to share one of their latest products.
I have to be honest with you guys about my initial thoughts on the prepackaged, fully cooked Johnsonville sausage. I’ve recently spotted them at my local grocery store, but always bypassed them for their fresh sausage.
However, when I received my packages of Johnsonville Original Recipe Fully Cooked Breakfast Patties and cooked a few, I was surprised at how juicy and GOOD they were. Like, seriously surprised at all the flavor packed into these patties.
As a busy, working Mom of three awesome boys, I don’t have time to mess around in the kitchen. Most of y’all know the hubs is the Chef around the Worthey household, but sometimes, just sometimes I get in the kitchen and whip up a meal for my family.
Breakfast is the one of the most important meals of the day. Growing up, I always skipped breakfast. I loved to sleep in, and never got up early to cook and eat breakfast. My Mom was usually gone to work (as a high school teacher), so we were on our own for breakfast. Sometimes my Dad would whip up some biscuit boys and bacon. I loved his biscuit boys.
As a Mom, I strive hard to pass on healthy habits to my boys, and we take the time to have breakfast. Some mornings it may be a bowl of cereal, muffin, or if there is time, homemade double chocolate buttermilk waffles.
But there are days we just don’t have time for all that extra fuss. I like quick and easy meals. And when I found out the Johnsonville Original Recipe Fully Cooked Breakfast Patties will be ready in less than a minute, I did a happy dance. Since these patties are cooked, all you have to do is warm your pan and heat them on each side for about 20-30 seconds. Boom! #breakfastisserved
We are big breakfast sandwich eaters, but there are days where we don’t have time to make each layer of our ultimate breakfast sandwich.
For this quick and easy breakfast idea, I am sharing one of our go-to ideas. Here’s what you will need to make our Sausage & Avocado Breakfast Sandwich.
Ingredients for Breakfast Sandwich
- (1) package of Johnsonville Original Recipe Fully Cooked Breakfast Patties
- (1) Ripe Avocado
- (1) Package of White Cheddar Cheese
- (3) Eggs
- (1) package of English Muffins or your choice of bread
- 1/2 tbsp of minced cilantro
- Peach Preserves (other options, jelly, etc.)
- Prepare your eggs as you like them (we opted for fried eggs)
- Slice the avocado and remove the seed. Take a spoon and scoop out the inside of the avocado into a bowl. Add minced cilantro, a little sea salt, a little cracked black pepper and olive oil into the bowl with the avocado. Mix well.
- Slice a few red peppers.
- While you are toasting your English Muffin, heat a skillet and place the Johnsonville Original Recipe Fully Cooked Breakfast Patties one at a time into the skillet. Cook on each side for about 30 seconds.
- Assemble your sandwich: Lay one side of an English Muffin on a plate, add the avocado mix and sliced red pepper. On the other side of the muffin, add a slice of White Cheddar Cheese, fried egg, and patty, and place on top of the avocado mix.
And that’s all folks. A seriously easy and delicious breakfast sandwich composed in under 10 minutes. And because the patties are fully cooked, you are not spending a ton of time in the kitchen trying to prepare breakfast.
I mean, it’s enough trying to get three kids up and ready without having to spend more time in the kitchen.
So how do you prepare your breakfast? Do you think this is something you could get behind, an easier breakfast idea? And of course, there are many ways you can use these patties beyond breakfast. Like, in a grilled cheese sandwich (we tried this, and it was good!! We will be sharing the recipe soon!), or omelets, or breakfast for dinner!
You can find out more about by going to their website.
Let me know your breakfast ideas below in the comments!!