This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Oregon Chai®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Carving Out Me-Time | Self-Care Tips For The Holidays
What does me-time mean? Well, that’s a loaded question, but also a subjective one because we all have different needs and concerns when it comes to kicking our feet up and decompressing. Studies have shown how taking time out for ourselves is one of the easiest and most effective ways to subtract stress and anxiety from our daily lives. But how do you decompress?
Well, there are as many answers to that question as people seeking a solution. As far as I am concerned, me-time involves taking time out specifically for me, and those stolen or planned moments vary from day-to-day. Mostly my downtime depends on when I can fit it in, and for how long. But regardless of the span of time, I always try to make the most of those moments.
I teamed up with my friends at Oregon Chai® to outline the many ways I take advantage of those carved out moments. With the holidays just around the corner, the pressure is on me to pull out all the stops and bring my A game to the kitchen, as well as host holiday dinners. I find, when I carve out some me-time before all the festivities start poppin’ off, I can get more done, let my creative juices flow, and deliver a feast for a king.
Here are a few ways I carve out me-time before the holidays:
- Working out helps keep me healthy, which translates into keeping my body ready to take on the many tasks I need it to do.
- Taking walks through a nearby public park offers a nice distraction from computer screens and four walls that can feel at times like they are closing in on me. Who needs that?
- Oregon Chai is also one of my not so secret weapons when it comes to me-time. Just me and a hot organic Oregon Chai Tea Latte, and suddenly everything is alright in my little world. And when I add a no-bake snack, my food magazines, and relaxing music, you can’t tell me nothin’!
- Writing. Sometimes the creative juices hit me, and I find myself writing short stories and poems. That’s how I won Tat over… I wrote her poems.
- Game Night or Movie Night with the family. Sometimes our family can stress us out, but often, connecting my family and spending quality time with them is the perfect way for me to relax and shrug off the cares of the world.
- Pets. Our dogs mean the world to us. We recently brought home a chocolate Labradoodle puppy, which has brought so much joy to our home. He is full of energy and just a happy dog.
- Reading. I enjoy jumping into a book and diving in deep. It’s something about letting go of your worries and reading for pleasure.
- Sleep. When I know I have to spend all day and night in the kitchen; I try to get as much sleep as possible before the big event.
The holidays can be a stressful time. Having a snack and a hot Oregon Chai Tea Latte can help you de-stress, find energy, and take the holidays head on!
Chai tea lattes are trendy right now among many people, including myself and the wife. I like them because they provide great taste, are gourmet, and offer better-for-you alternatives than drinking coffee. Plus, when you buy Oregon Chai’s Original and Slightly Sweet flavors, you are getting Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified products.
I like that Oregon Chai is versatile. I can have a cup of chai tea, make a latte, and even drink it spiked. You can find a variety of recipes by going here, plus clip the mPerk offer to save on your next Oregon Chai purchase.
I was able to find my Oregon Chai at Meijer in the coffee/tea section of the store. (At my store, the Oregon Chai was on the top shelf. However, be sure to scan all of the shelves, since each store may place it in a different location). Meijer carries three of their flavors, The Orginal, Sugar-Free, and Slightly Sweet.
Here’s my recipe for the No-Bake Mixed Nut + Dark Chocolate Protein Snack
- 2 Cups Whole Oats
- 1/2 Cup ground Cashew Almond & Pistachio Nuts
- 1/2 cup Justin’s Honey Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup Organic Blue Agave Nectar
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Roasted Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger Bread Spice
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder
- Into a food processor combine rolled whole oats, groundnut mixture, honey peanut butter, blue agave nectar, ground gingerbread spice, and protein powder. Pulse until just combined, about 7 to 9 times.
- Add dark chocolate morsels, sunflower, and hemp seeds. Mix well and form into golf ball size balls. Place on parchment paper and refrigerate for 2- 2 1/2 hours. Serve.
Keep a mPerk coupon for Oregon Chai by going here.
How do you carve out me-time? Drop me a line below and let me know some of your self-care tips during the holidays.