Sprout Cupcakes : Fun Earth Day Edible Activity
With Earth Day coming up and the first signs of Spring, here’s a fun edible craft to do with the kids! Earth Day Activity Sprout Cupcakes
Yields: 24 cupcakes
Ready in 60 minutes
1 box chocolate cake (plus required ingredients)
1 container chocolate frosting
1 package chocolate sandwich cookies
1. Prepare cupcakes as directed on box. Allow to completely cool.
2. Place chocolate cookies in a large resealable bag and use a rolling pin to crush.
3. If using terra-cotta clay pots, place one cupcake (still in the liner) inside of each pot, and then continue with the
4. Spread a layer of chocolate frosting on each cupcake. Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top to create the appearance of
5. Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, cut out leaves and sprouts from the taffy. Place a sprout in the center of
Note: The terra-cotta clay pots shown in final photo are 3 for $1 at Dollar Tree.
More cupcake ideas: