With National Oreo Cookie day coming up on March 6th, we figured this would be a great way to celebrate with oreo recipes! Our unicorn friends stopped by for a snack, and we had to make them some awesomely delicious unicorn food. We took some of their favorite treats like candy, Oreos, ice cream and fruit and combined it all to make Unicorn Food Oreo Cookie Parfait. Get the recipe below!
Oreo Recipes- Unicorn Food Oreo Cookie Parfait
Whenever we have our unicorn friends over for a bite to eat, we make sure we have lots of Unicorn Food Oreo Cookie Parfait + Roasted Marshmallow on deck! To borrow a phrase from some random advertisement, “It’s magically delicious?!’
And if you’re familiar with unicorns then you know they’re persnickety mythological beasts! You got to be sure to bring the pastel pinks, the summertime sky blues, the royal purples, and what not. Plus, if it ain’t sweet then you’re gonna have some disgruntled steeds on your hands, and believe me, you don’t want that!
We started with vanilla bean ice cream, then add crumbled Chocolate Nabisco Oreo and the Peeps variety to give it that pretty in pink vibe. Then we brought the sweet in the form of candy sprinkles, bananas, and jelly beans. Oh, my!
In the end, it all came together quite nicely, the unicorns were happy, and if the unicorns are happy then we’re all happy campers! Peep the recipe down below to find out how we pulled it all together.
Unicorn Food Ice Cream + Roasted Marshmallow
- 2 original Oreo chocolate cookies
- 2 Peeps Oreo vanilla cookies
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/2 small ripe banana
- assorted candy sprinkles and jelly beans
- Into a large bowl pile in the Oreo cookies, vanilla bean ice cream, half of the banana, and two tablespoons of candy sprinkles and mix well. Lots of smashing and crushing required.
- In the bottom of each serving glass drop in an Oreo. You’ll know why later, but trust me on this one.
- Now, fill the serving glass half-way with the Unicorn food mixture.
- Drop in another whole Oreo cookie.
- Add more of the ice cream mixture and fill to the top.
- Smear marshmallow cream on top of several Oreo cookies.
- Turn the oven to high broil.
- Place the cookies on a small cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- On the top oven rack place the cookies and toast the marshmallow tops.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Place single marshmallow topped cookies on top of each ice cream cup.
- Finish with more candy sprinkles and an assortment of additional sweet treats.
Find more oreo recipes, perfect for National Oreo Day:
- Oatmeal Buttermilk Waffles with Crushed Oreos & Marcona Almonds
- Oreo Strawberry Santa Hats
- How to make Peppermint Bark- With Oreos
- Recipe for Nutella Oreo Brownie Bites
- Oreo Cookie Recipes: Oreo Mint Trifle
- Oreo Overload No Bake Cheesecake
- Monster Oreo Pops