Date night doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. In fact, you can enjoy some quality time with someone you love with these easy and inexpensive Date Night In A Jar Ideas. I know for us, it can be hard to even carve out time for a Date Night. Then when we do, sometimes we look at each other like, “who’s turn is it to pick a date night activity“? Then we go back and forth on what we are going to do during our date night. I think this idea of putting 20 date night ideas into a jar and just picking one is fun and exciting.
Date Night in a Jar
You can craft your own Date Night In A Jar just like the one you see here when you follow the simple tutorial below. Here is how you can get started. So, get your partner and come up with 20 date night ideas. Then stick them in a jar (like the one shown below) and each time you’re planning your date night, pick one from the jar.
Hurry…. a great date night is waiting for you!
- Jar with lid
- Red or pink spray paint (optional)
- Ribbon or twine
- Date Night in a Jar label (see below for free printable)
- Scrapbook paper
- Begin by adding a pop of color to the lid of the jar. Apply two coats of spray paint, allowing coats to dry well in between applications.
- While your paint dries, cut your scrapbook paper into small squares or strips. The size you make them depends on you, just be sure they are big enough to write the date night idea on.
- Fill out a date night idea on each scrap of paper. Fold it and place it in the jar. For some ideas, so the list of 20 Date Night Ideas below!
- Print off the free printable Date Night in a Jar tags. Cut out and string a piece of ribbon or twine through.
- Tie the tag and ribbon/twine around the top of your jar. Replace the lid.
Your Date Night in a Jar is now ready to be enjoyed. To begin your date night, simply pull a piece of paper from the jar and complete the activity on it. This would be a great gift to give to your sweetheart, or just to keep on the counter for when you need some quality time. Gather your supplies and give this easy Date Night in a Jar craft a try. It is a craft you can enjoy all year long and your luvvie is sure to appreciate!
20 Date Night Ideas to use with Date Night in a Jar
1. Attend a cooking class together at a local eatery or culinary school.
2. Try making your own sushi at home. The library has all sorts of sushi making books to enjoy.
3. Enjoy an evening picnic and look for the constellations above you.
4. Watch some old movies with popcorn and snacks.
5. Take an exercising class together. Try something peaceful like yoga.
6. Have coffee and sweet treats at a local coffee house.
7. Go hear a local band or choir perform.
8. Volunteer somewhere together. A local soup kitchen or shelter would love to have you.
9. Spend some time reading together or exploring old books at the local library.
10. Learn how to mix your favorite beverages at a mixology class.
11. Attend a local wine tasting.
12. Attend an author event at a local book store.
13. Visit an art museum and enjoy drinks afterwards.
14. Visit a restaurant you have never been to before.
15. Try your hands at a paint your own pottery place.
16. Get a massage together or get a book to learn how to give them.
17. Enjoy an evening stroll at a local park.
18. Play your favorite board games together.
19. Build a house of cards. Or, compete against each other to see who can build the largest.
20. Attend a local play or musical.
*these are all safe ideas. You can always take your date night to the next level by adding some kinky/risque ideas. Just have fun with it. Sometimes it’s a good idea to try new things!
Date Night Tags- Go HERE to print!