Do you want to experience stir-fried rice on a whole new level? Here’s an easy dinner idea to try this week- Grilled Chicken Stir-Fry with sausage! Grab the recipe down below.
Grilled Chicken Stir Fry Recipe with Sausage
Our Grilled Chicken & Sausage Stir-Fried Rice might make regular stir-fry obsolete. Why? For starters, this one has smoked bratwurst sausage and mini-chicken drummies with our super fresh Garden Herb Chimichurri! Are you drooling yet? This stir-fry screams summertime grub. For the veggies, we went with what our garden had to offer. There is zucchini, broccoli, Tuscan kale, and green bell peppers. I also threw in garlic scapes and three large cloves of garlic. It was a good time in the Worthey kitchen today.
And the best part for me, other than the food, was the 12-pack of ice-cold Heineken! Because good food should be enjoyed with something good to drink. The tall glass of cold and refreshing Heineken paired well the smoky, delicious, and majorly hearty, grilled stir-fry. Plus, beer and barbecue go together. But just any beer won’t do. I have been a fan of Heineken since I was a pup. Heineken was my first “grown-up” beer, and rightly so because it is a quality beer.
Grilled Chicken Stir Fry Recipe with Sausage recipe
- 4 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 package of Beer Brats
- 1 pound Chicken Drummies
- 2 cups Kale, chopped
- 2 bunches of fresh Broccoli
- 1 large Zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare rice in an Instant Pot, pour in four (4) cups of Jasmine rice, 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and assorted fresh herbs. Cook for 13 minutes.
- Cook bratwurst on the charcoal grill and set aside.
- Make a Chimichurri green sauce using three tablespoons of EVOO, 1 cup packed fresh parsley, 1/3 cup cilantro, six springs of fresh thyme, one tablespoon of minced rosemary, one whole garlic scape cut into small pieces, and three (3) whole cloves of garlic.
- Pulse ingredients in a food processor until you get a paste.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken drummies and place them in a large measuring cup and add the Chimichurri green sauce. Mix until all of the chicken pieces are covered in sauce.
- Pan roast the chicken in a hot skillet with two tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter until pieces are browned. Finish in a 400-degree oven for 20 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, add two tablespoons of sesame oil.
- When the oil is hot, add chopped broccoli, Tuscan kale, green bell pepper, and zucchini. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 4 minutes. Veggies will be bright green, crisp, and tender. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, add one tablespoon of olive oil when the oil is hot, crack in 5 eggs and scramble until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- In a large wok, add two tablespoons of sesame oil and two tablespoons of soy sauce. When the wok is hot add Jasmine rice a little at a time, with a wooden spoon fry the rice.
- When all of the rice is in the wok, add the veggies, eggs, chicken drummies, and chopped beer bratwurst. Toss until all ingredients are mixed together. Add soy sauce, sea salt, and freshly cracked black peppercorns to taste.
Time to dig in and eat! My easy stir-fry is perfect for backyard entertainment. With the music flowing, the grill is going, and a Heineken in my hand, my summer evening doesn’t get better than this!
What are some ways you like to entertain in your backyard? What recipes/food do you like to consume with your Heineken? Feel free to drop me a line and let me know!
Find more dinner recipes below:
*This was a previously sponsored post.