The holidays are here, and there are so many fun and festive things to do during the holidays. We’ve put together 15 things to do before the New Year on our holiday bucket list ideas post. Keep reading for inspiration and try something new this year!
The holidays can be a magical time, with so many exciting things to do! The only problem is the holiday season tends to go fast, so fitting everything in can be a challenge. This holiday season, don’t miss out on an ounce of magic when you give this holiday bucket list a try. You will find 15 things to do before the New Year, all activities sure to make your holidays a little brighter. Take a peek and see how to get started.
1. Bake Christmas cookies. Gather the family and bake a few batches of Christmas cookies. You can also make bread, pies, muffins, cupcakes, and other holiday-themed baked goods.
2. Try an Advent calendar. There are so many versions of Advent calendars these days. Buy one or make your own and use it to count down the days until Christmas.
3. Make holiday cards for a local hospital. Make handmade cards for a local hospital or nursing home. This is an easy way to spread some joy during the season.
4. Go ice skating or sledding. Winter sports are so much fun. Go sledding, try ice skating, or go skiing if you have a ski park nearby. You can also try hockey, or just get out and build a snowman.
5. Go caroling or to a Christmas choir concert. Christmas music is one of the best parts of the holiday! Go caroling, or go to a Christmas choir concert. You can find free ones at my churches and social clubs.
6. Hang Christmas lights. Light up the night with Christmas lights! Hang Christmas lights on your house or patio, or even in your window. This is a great way to add some holiday magic!
7. Cut down a tree at a Christmas tree farm. Head to a tree farm and cut down your own Christmas tree! Check out all of the different shades, sizes, and varieties available.
8. Pay a visit to Santa. Head to the mall or local business where Santa is appearing. Kids love visiting Santa, and this always makes for a great photo opp as well.
9. Write Santa a letter. Let kids write their own letters to Santa so they can tell him how good they have been this year and what they have on their wish list.
10. Enjoy the Elf on a Shelf tradition. The Elf on the Shelf tradition is such a fun one! Buy an Elf on the Shelf and help him get into all sorts of fun household shenanigans! Check out our list of Elf on the Shelf Ideas.
11. Watch your favorite holiday movies. What is better than binging on holiday movies? Pop the popcorn and watch all of your favorite Christmas movies both old and new. See 15 of our favorite Christmas movie ideas.
12. Enjoy a fire in the fireplace. Take the time to make a proper fire complete with blankets and hot chocolate. This is a great way to relax after a long day of holiday shopping. I have a heated blanket which is perfect to have while watching movies and relaxing(and even better if you don’t have a cozy fire).
13. Try catching snow on your tongue. Remember doing this as a child? It can still be fun today! Try catching snow as it falls. No snow? Then try making paper snowflakes!
14. Enjoy a cup of eggnog. This holiday beverage is a fave! Enjoy a cup of eggnog or even find a recipe to make your own. This tasty drink can only be found during the holidays, so now is the time to sip it up. See our favorite Egg nog bourbon recipe inspired by National Lampoon Christmas Vacation!
15. Help those in need. Spread cheer this holiday season by spending at least one-hour volunteering. This can be a pet refuge, nursing home, homeless shelter, or even your child’s school.
Are you ready to make the most of this holiday season? Consider this holiday bucket list and see how much fun you can pack in this month!
Latest posts by T Worthey (see all)
- Camping Bucket List: 25 Activities to Try When You Camp - March 19, 2018
- Avenger’s Thor Kid Drink | NEW Infinity War Trailer- EPIC! - March 16, 2018
- Exclusive Interview with Paco Delgado | Designing Costumes for A Wrinkle In Time - March 15, 2018