Who would have thought that you could turn a simple flower pot into a Thanksgiving place setting? Take a look at how we turned a basic terra cotta pot into a pilgrim hat, perfect for decorating your Thanksgiving table. This is an easy Thanksgiving craft that the kids can do and also turn out to be an awesome touch to your Thanksgiving Table Decor idea.
Easy Pilgrim Hat Place Settings
These only take minutes to make, and you can whip one up for just pennies. Here is how you can get started!
- Medium sized terra cotta flower pot
- Black and yellow construction paper
- Craft glue
- Black marker
1. Begin by cutting a strip of black construction paper. Wrap it around the base of the hat. Cut it to fit and secure it with glue.
2. Create a buckle for the hat with some yellow construction paper. Cut out a square, fold it in half, then
cut a smaller square from it. When you remove the smaller square, a buckle shape will be made. Glue
the buckle over the black strip.
3. You can now write the guest’s name on the pot. Use a fine tip black marker to do this. You can write
directly on the pot or write the name on the buckle. Or, feel free to leave the hat as is.
Now all you need to do is set the pilgrim hat place setting on the guest’s plate or near the napkin. If you wish, you can place a chocolate or other treat under the hat as a surprise. I know the boys will LOVE this little touch!
These pilgrim hat place settings are great for adults or children to craft, and they are a frugal way to in the spirit for the fall season. Give them a try and see how much fun you can have!
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!