Try our homemade and easy Strawberry Shortcake Crumble recipe, using Pillsbury™ Filled Pastry Bag Cream Cheese Frosting. An easy dessert idea to have any time of the year!*
Strawberry Shortcake Crumble with Cream Cheese Frosting
Summer is coming to a close soon, so we’re out gathering the good stuff and creating a whole lotta’ deliciousness! Recently, I picked up strawberries from our local farmer’s market, so I decided to recreate a childhood favorite with a little bit of help from our friends from Pillsbury. Let me say this, Pillsbury™ Filled Pastry Bag with a built-in star tip takes the whole strawberry shortcake game to the next level. I used the Cream Cheese Frosting, and it worked like a charm. Can you say, flawless? Whether you are putting the finishing touches on cupcakes, cakes, or any other delicious dessert delicacy, the new Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag is the right choice.
Okay, a little backstory…
Way back in the day when I was just a wee lad, my mama used to surprise us with strawberry shortcake. I remember those summer days when my parents would take my siblings and me to the nearby strawberry farm. We would pick an insane amount of fresh strawberries. Mama would inspect each carton of strawberries we picked to ensure she had the good berries she needed to work her strawberry preserves magic. Then we would head home and help her get the strawberries ready to be made into preserves. We cleaned, quartered, and did whatever was needed to ensure a seamless process. After the preserves were finally in the Mason jars and cooling, mama would take the remaining strawberries, add sugar, and place them in the refrigerator. Then she would whip up homemade shortcake biscuits. Heavy cream got turned into fresh and sinfully delicious whipped cream. After dinner, we were treated to strawberry shortcake with sweet strawberries and whipped cream. So good!
My redux of my mama’s strawberry shortcake recipe deviates slightly but is just as good. Don’t worry; I have the homemade shortcake biscuits and the fresh strawberries drenched in lots of strawberry syrup. However, I replaced the whipped cream with Pillsbury Pastry Bag Cream Cheese Frosting, and it’s just as good. And not only is it delicious, but it is a huge time-saver!
This is a new Pillsbury product available in-stores now. The Pastry Bag comes in three different flavors, vanilla, chocolate fudge, and cream cheese. With the holidays coming up, this is a GREAT baking hack for parents, chefs, bakers, and anyone who plans to be in the kitchen this baking season.
My wife is also in love with these Pastry Bags from Pillsbury. We’re already thinking of all the desserts we can make this holiday season (and beyond), like cupcakes, sugar cookies with frosting, parfait, cakes, and more.
We’re getting close to the baking season, and I’m starting to think about recipes I want to make for the holidays. Being the dad of three awesome boys, I want to recreate as many of my mama’s recipes for them to enjoy. Great childhood memories involve good food, and I’m picking up the mantle to do the same for my family. Look down below for our super easy and incredibly delicious Strawberry Shortcake Crumble + Cream Cheese Frosting.
Here’s what you will need to make our Strawberry Shortcake Crumble + Cream Cheese Frosting
- 5 cups strawberries, washed and quartered
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/3 cups biscuit mix
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1 Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag Cream Cheese flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Into a large bowl, add biscuit mix, four tablespoons of sugar, and heavy cream, mix until mixture comes together.
- Butter a cupcake pan and fill each cupcake area half-way with biscuit dough.
- Bake on the center rack of a preheated 350-degree oven for 12-15 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Remove biscuits from the oven and allow them to cool.
- As the biscuits are baking, remove the green stems from the strawberries and cut into quarters.
- Place 3 cups of strawberries into a large bowl and cover with 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Mash 2 cups of strawberries with a potato masher to release the juices, then add to the quartered strawberries and sugar mixer, mix well.
- Into a serving glass crumble half of a biscuit, top with strawberry mixture, then add a layer of Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag Cream Cheese Frosting. Top with remaining crumbled biscuit, more strawberries, and strawberry syrup, finish with more cream cheese frosting, and a single strawberry.
How to use the Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bags:
- After opening the package, push the frosting towards the star tip and twist the top of the pastry bag.
- Remove the plastic cover from the star tip by tearing at the perforation.
- Now it’s time to get fancy~ squeezing from the top of the pastry bag, frost your cupcake, cookie, parfait, or other treats!
The folks at Pillsbury have made my life easier with their Pastry Bags. To have a delicious frosting already made, AND, with the built-in star tip, I can pull off all types of creations. I mean, you can make stars, waves, rosettes and more. The sky is the limit on this one! People will probably think I worked hard to get the perfect swirl. Nope, this is going to be my secret baking hack this holiday season, how about you?
*This was a previously sponsored post.