This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MoreMomentsWithExcedrin #CollectiveBias
Our Whiskey Apple Crisp with Salted Caramel & Toasted Marshmallow is the dessert that will keep you coming back for more. Using Kerry’s Gold butter, granny smith apples, and a dab or two of bourbon, this apple crisp dessert is mixed with flavors you cannot resist. Get the recipe below!
Whiskey Apple Crisp with Salted Caramel & Toasted Marshmallow
Years ago, I was throwing my wife a surprise birthday party, and I knew from an earlier conversation she had mentioned instead of a traditional birthday cake she wanted me to prepare one of her favorite comfort food desserts. This particular birthday was a big deal; it was her 30th. An important milestone to say the least. I was up early the morning of her birthday and had scheduled a spa day for her including and a mani-pedi. With her out of the house and enjoying her day I set about cleaning the house and preparing her requested dish. But then about noon I felt a headache coming on, and I also knew my headache had a migraine written all over it.
If you have migraines, you can tell them from the regular run of the mill headaches. And I didn’t want to be slaving over a hot oven with my skull feeling like a split melon. So I took Excedrin® Migraine and all ended well. No migraine, just relief. So now it’s a no-brainer when it comes to what I know about migraine relief. I have the confidence in knowing that Excedrin® Migraine will handle my discomfort in short order. Because when the wife wants my piping hot homemade Whiskey Apple Crisp with Salted Caramel & Toasted Marshmallow for her birthday nothing, not even a migraine should stand in the way. Because when you love someone, you can’t let a migraine ruin all of the fun.
There’s no doubt; your migraine demands a migraine solution: Excedrin® Migraine starts to relieve migraine pain in 30 minutes. And it’s the #1 Neurologist Recommended migraine medicine available. For more information about Excedrin® Migraine go here.
Lot’s of people like me suffer from migraines, and it’s no laughing matter. Migraines can turn any day upside down and inside out. lf you know or live with a migraine sufferer you already know how a major migraine episode can put even the best of us flat on our backs, laying in a dark room, and hopefully without a sound anywhere.
Being diagnosed with migraines well over five years ago was challenging, and although I rarely get them, migraines never come at a good time. But when I do feel one coming on I reach for Excedrin® Migraine. This is powerful medicine with the ability to get me back to normal quickly so I can do the things I love to do, like preparing delicious food for my friends and family. If you think you’re suffering from migraines, consult your doctor.
If you love your apple crisp like we do then check out our delicious recipe down below, we think you’re gonna love it!
- 4 Granny Smith Apples sliced
- 4 Honeycrisp Apples sliced
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1 Navel Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Tablespoon Apple Pie Spice
- 1 1/2 cup of Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Pie Spice
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Kerry’s Gold Butter grated
- 1/2 Stick Unsalted Kerry’s Gold Butter melted
- Marshmallow Creme
- Salted Caramel Sauce
**The Secret Whiskey Recipe**:
- 5 oz Honey Whiskey
- 2 1/2 oz Spiced Apple Cider
- 3 tablespoons Apple Sauce
- In a small bowl add honey whiskey, spiced apple cider, and applesauce.
- Mix thoroughly with a wire whisk.
- When the apple crisp is about half way through the 45-minute cooking time, remove the apple crisp and pour onto each apple crisp bowl one (1) ounce of The Secret Whiskey recipe.
- Return the apple crisp bowls to the oven and finish baking.
- Tell no one.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and core apples and thinly slice them using a mandolin. Add lemon and orange zest, orange and lemon juice, apple pie spice, sugar, and three tablespoons of your favorite bourbon.
- Spoon the apple mixture into several individual oven-safe serving bowls and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Grate 1 1/2 stick of frozen unsalted butter using a block-grater.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine whole oats, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, sea salt, pure vanilla extract, apple pie spice, and ground cloves.
- Mix ingredients on medium speed and add the grated butter a little at a time until the mixture is well-combined.
- In a large skillet melt 1/2 stick of unsalted butter over med-high heat.
- Add the topping mixture a 1/2 cupful at a time to the melted butter, stir constantly the mixture will come together and form a crumble mixture.
- Remove the bowls with the apple mixture from the oven and spoon the topping over the apples liberally.
- Place the apple crisp into the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the bowls from the oven and add The Secret Whiskey recipe and return to the oven for 20-25 minutes, bake until the tops of the apple crisp should be golden brown.
- Take the apple crisp from the oven and top each bowl with two (2) tablespoons of marshmallow creme.
- Set the oven to high broil and return the bowls of apple crisp to the oven on the uppermost rack, toast the marshmallow creme until it is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with salted caramel sauce.