Our delicious carrot-based dip is dressed to impress, and by dressed, we mean with all of the fresh veggie toppings you can imagine. Plus a handful of chopped nuts just for fun. Make this wonderful dip just in time for the perfect appetizer for your Easter Sunday supper!
Spicy Carrot + Chickpea Dip
Just in time for Easter, we are making our favorite Easter dip ever! It’s a lil’ bit spicy and a whole lot of orange! But that’s okay if you love the color orange. And if you’re partial to a touch of heat like me, you’ll be hoping glad. This dip has a combination of carrots and chickpeas, and it has the sweetness of carrots, a bit of texture from the chickpeas, and the creaminess of coconut milk.
I also tossed in fresh thyme and a bit of garlic. As far as seasoning goes, I needed to balance out the sweetness of the carrots with a bit of spicy savoriness. I spiced things up with chipotle seasoning, red pepper flake, ground coriander, ground cinnamon, and a dash of cumin.
To finish this bowl of deliciousness, I added chopped cucumbers, red bell peppers, walnuts, and a big healthy drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Chances are if you love hummus and carrots then you’ll cotton this wonderfully yummy vegetarian appetizer.
Try a carrot based dip this Easter
Our Spicy Carrot + Chickpea Dip is a great Easter appetizer because let’s face it how can you not have a carrot dip for Easter? I think it mandatory! Maybe not, but it is a good and very festive look if there ever was one. Serve with a heap of sliced veggies and your favorite crackers, pretzels, pita, or toasted bread points. I wasn’t if the Mrs. would like this recipe, and to my surprise she loved it!
Now you know what to do with all of those carrots you’re gonna buy from the farmer’s market or pull out of your backyard family garden. So, what do you think? Is this something you and your family would enjoy? If so, check out the complete recipe down below.
We served our delicious carrot and chickpea dip with fresh slices of cucumbers and savory Snack Factory Everything Bagel Pretzel Crackers. I can’t think of a better combination. So, if you want to try something new and different, this is a great dip to try!
How to make Spicy Carrot + Chickpea Dip
- 3 cups carrots
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Diced cucumbers
- Chopped red bell peppers
- Cherry or mini heirloom tomatoes sliced in half
- Chopped walnuts, pecans, or pistachios
- Into a food processor add the carrots, chickpeas, coconut milk, extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, water, and seasonings.
- Pulse until the ingredients together until smooth with a little texture from the chickpeas.
- Finish with chopped cucumbers, red bell peppers, fresh chopped dill, a drizzle of quality extra virgin olive oil, and chopped nuts.
- Spoon into serving bowls and serve with your choice of veggies or crackers or both.
Pair it with our Easter Blue Sunday Cocktail.
This dip is also great for game day, summer parties, or just because you love a good dip! Be sure to come back and let us know if you make it!
Love dips? Be sure to grab some of our popular dip recipes below: