Here’s a quick DIY you can do for Valentine’s Day. With a piece of reclaimed wood, paint, and a few other accessories to put together this DIY Love Rope Sign.
DIY LOVE Rope Sign On Reclaimed Wood
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and I’m looking forward to pulling out all of the fun Valentine’s Decorations. When it comes to decorating your house for the upcoming love holiday, you don’t have to do a lot of things- including a budget-friendly decor idea. This DIY Love Sign is made out of salvaged wood, but you can also buy a pre-made wood wall plaque here.
This easy DIY Love Sign is a quick decor idea you can do to add some “love” around your home. I try not to go overboard with decorations since the hubs is a huge fan of having the house covered in decorations, pink stuff, and glitter!
How to make a sign with reclaimed wood:
- Piece of salvaged wood or pre-made wood wall plaque
- thick cord or rope
- hot glue, glue gun
- white paint
- paint brush
- Begin by dry brushing one coat of white paint over the unfinished wood. Dry brushing means you will just lightly rub the brush over the wood, taking care to not saturate the brush prior.
- Once the paint is dry, you can apply the cord or rope. Start at the left side of the plaque and glue the end of the cord into place. Hold in place until secure.
- Start “writing” out the word in “cursive” using the rope or cord. Once the word is written out, use your hot glue to begin pressing it into place.
- Carefully add dabs of glue under the rope and press it into place. Hold until secure. Repeat the process until the rope is completely secure to the wood and no portions are left unglued. If you miss a segment, the word can unravel.
- Your sign can now be hung! If you don’t already have a hanger on it, simply lean it or use a staple gun to attach some rope to the top/back.
Get inspired by other Valentine’s Decor ideas below:
You can also find more Wood Pallet ideas:
Pin this to your board for later: