Are you tired of worrying about the cold winter weather? Why not try some of these Winter Bucket List Ideas for family fun? You can easily do some of these items daily to make the cold winter months pass by! Perfect for a wide variety of ages and so much fun!
Winter Bucket List Ideas for Family Fun
Depending on where you live, winters can be brutal, or 70 and sunny. Living in Michigan all my life, I’m used to cold and brutal winters. This winter seems to drag on, mainly because we’re in a pandemic, and we’re spending more time at home. But, just because we may be at home, there are still many fun things to do together as a family.
Wintertime is an enjoyable time for families. Even though you might be tempted to stay inside and stay out of the cold, you should get out and enjoy the day. There’s something about getting outside and getting fresh air. No matter what, these winter bucket list ideas will have everyone in your family having fun and spending so much happy family time together as well.
Instead of thinking about winter as a few cold months out of the year, think of this list as a checklist that will help you get closer to spring.
What is a bucket list?
A bucket list is a list of things that you want to do. It can be anything that you want, and it’s totally up to you to complete and add to it.
Many people love using a bucket list because they feel as though it helps to hold them accountable. If you’re the type of person who takes action from writing things down, a bucket list might be perfect for you!
Some of our popular bucket list ideas:
What are some winter bucket list ideas?
This free printable has a ton of winter family fun ideas, but here are a few to get your wheels turning:
- Get outside and get some fresh air!
- Make a gingerbread house or make a gingerbread grazing board and gingerbread hot cocoa.
- Drink hot cocoa or make the popular hot cocoa bombs!
- Make a pot of chili – see some of our favorite recipes: Smoked White Salmon Chili (new on the blog and my favorite way to have chili now!) Instant Pot Loaded Chili Recipe, Cheesy Chili Bread Bowl + Garlicky Fried Tortillas
- Build a snowman (did you start singing, “do you want to build a snowman?”)
- Make s’mores – see how we put together the ultimate s’mores grazing board.
- Take a family photo outside in the snow!
- Play board games.
- Have a snowball fight.
- Go sledding. Last weekend, our youngest met up with some of his friends to go sledding. This is a fun, social-distancing activity for teens to do.
And as you can see, some of these items are Christmas related, which can easily be omitted or saved for another year if Christmas has already passed.
The great thing about winter fun is that there are so many fun activities to do. This free winter bucket list printable will give you ideas on things to do, and then you’ll be able to pick and choose the activities you want.
There is even an option for you to add in a ton of your winter bucket list ideas as well. The more things that you can do together as a family, the better!
Get your winter bucket list printable below:
Which of these bucket list items are you excited to do first?
More Winter Fun
- Things To Do in Grand Rapids In The Winter
- Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt
- Winter Snowflake Cupcakes + FREE Snowflake Stencil Template