We love easy breakfast mornings around the Worthey house. With busy mornings, the hustle and bustle of getting kids out the door, these Omelet Muffin Bites works every time. Plus, you can make them ahead of time, freeze and use for later! Grab the recipe down below!
Easy recipe for Omelet Muffin Bites
Everyone knows eggs are packed with protein, right? But did you also when you use them in our Omelet Muffin Bites recipe, they make for a pretty good snack or take along energy boost? Nursing mothers will also benefit from this easy to make and delicious recipe. You will also love how versatile this recipe is because, just like any omelet, you can choose the ingredients you like and need the most by adding a wide range of ingredients like chia, sunflower, or pumpkin seeds, and all sorts of different vegetables. If you like spices, add chile, jalapeño, or habanero peppers. Herbs also work well in egg-based foods too.
I like to use fresh rosemary, cilantro, parsley, sage, or thyme. For this recipe, I used sharp cheddar, Parmesan, green onion, diced tomatoes, parsley, and garlic. Oh, and lots of crumbled and crispy thick-cut bacon. Because everyone knows bacon is just better.
I added a whole egg yolk to each muffin hole before adding the omelet mixture. Doing this adds a big boost of nutrients, which are especially great for nursing moms, and it also looks pretty delicious and cool too. But, you can also add just the egg white, which has about twice the protein than an egg yolk.
Mix all of the omelet ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk it real good! This is such an easy recipe to make; even the kids can make this easy egg recipe! If you have picky kids, they can add their favorite ingredients to their muffin bites.
Ingredients needed for loaded Omelet Muffin Bites
- 12 eggs, divided
- 1 small red tomato, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar and Parmesan shredded cheese mixture
- 2 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black peppercorns to taste
Directions on how to make Omelet Muffin Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a baker’s brush and coat the inside of the muffin pan.
- Crack a single egg into each muffin pan section.
- Into a medium bowl, crack the remaining six eggs, add the red tomato, red onion, green onion, parsley, shredded cheese mixture and crumbled thick-cut bacon and whisk together.
- Divide the egg mixture into the muffin pan sections if desired, top with more shredded cheese.
- Place the muffin pan on the middle rack in the oven.
- Back in the preheated oven for 15-minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Lots of thick-cut bacon is never a bad thing. Turkey bacon is also a popular substitute or make a meatless one. What will you put in your omelet muffins?