“ This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #SmithfieldRealFresh #CollectiveBias ”
Get comfortable with this Savory Pork Soup made in the pressure cooker. A soup recipe made within 30 minutes, with marinated pork and fresh veggies.
Pressure Cooker Recipe | Savory Pork Soup
It’s hard to believe another summer is coming to a close, where did the time go? It’s hard to believe, but soon it will be sweater weather. And the colder days and nights often call for something easy to make, hot, delicious, and above all, comforting.
And here’s where Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork comes to the rescue because their high-quality and hand-selected cuts of premium pork are so easy to use in almost any recipes and before you know it dinner is served. Before we jump into the recipe, I need to share some pretty exciting news about the Real Fresh Real Flavor Real Fast Contest going on from 9/5-9/28/18. Visit SmithfieldRealFlavorRealFresh.com to vote for the best dinner time-saving tip or trick featuring Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork and be entered in a drawing to win prepaid a gift card! How cool is that? Who knew learning new ways to cut time off of dinner could be so rewarding?
We start this easy and delicious soup off by browning the tender cuts of pork (I’m using Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Fresh Pork Tenderloin) in the Instant Pot with a bit of olive oil. I also love how the pork comes already marinaded which saves me time, and that’s all good.
And by adding fresh veggies like carrots, celery, and onions it’s easy to see just how straight-forward this recipe is to bring together in just over thirty minutes. Feel free to custom make this delicious soup according to you and your families particular tastes.
The addition of fresh sweet corn off of the cob was a good call. My boys went back for seconds and thirds. I love making homemade foods I know my boys will enjoy and ask for again and again. Winning!
In my book tons of color means lots of fresh and delicious flavor and this easy and comforting soup has plenty of both.
I love adding homegrown herbs like this bunch of thyme cut from our family garden. I also added fresh parsley, and both herbs added a distinct flavor profile to this bursting with flavor soup.
I also added other layers of rich flavor with the addition of balsamic vinegar and bourbon barrel stout beer.
Instant Pot Savory Pork Soup
- 1 package Smithfield Garlic Roasted Pork Loin
- 1 1l2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 12 oz bottle bourbon barrel stout beer
- Preparing all vegetables ahead of time will save to loads of time. Slice the Smithfield marinated pork into 1 1/2″ size chunks.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot and add a tablespoon of EVOO. Select the Saute cooking function.
- When the olive oil is hot add the onions and cook until the onions have softened and are translucent.
- to that and
- Remove the onions from the pot using a slotted spoon and place them in a bowl, set aside
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and when the oil is hot add pieces of pork and sear on all sides. Brown the pork in batches to avoid crowding. When all of the pieces are browned transfer the pork to the bowl with the onions.
- Continue using the Saute function and add three tbsp of unsalted butter, when butter is melted whisk in 3 tbsp of flour a tablespoon at a time. Continue to whisk adding a tbsp of coarse sea salt and a half tbsp of freshly cracked black peppercorns. Keep cooking until the roux is a dark blonde, about five to eight minutes.
- Slowly add the bourbon barrel stout, whisking the beer into the roux until it is fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add the onions, pork, garlic, carrots, corn, and celery into the roux. Add two cups of low-sodium chicken broth. Secure the lid of the Instant Pot and select the Soup/Stew function and cook for thirty (30) minutes.
- Release the pressure and remove the lid.
Right now you can save money and earn $1 cash back on Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork by visiting Ibotta today!
So not only are you getting Real Fresh, Real Flavor, Real Fast when you purchase Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork but you can also earn money. That’s more money for more Smithfield!
I love how versatile Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is, it’s perfect for quick weekday meals or equally delicious weekend meals when I am feeling fancy or putting together foods for a game day get together. Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork provides Real Fresh, Real Flavor, Real Fast… they provide real solutions for real life.
Making this delicious soup in the Instant Pot saves an incredible amount of time, but prepping ahead will shave even more time of any meal your planning on making. What food prep tips to you have? We would love to hear all about them. And if you want more helpful food prep tips, Smithfield has got you covered with additional meal ideas and tips found here.
You can find Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Flavors at your local Walmart.