“ This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #SmithfieldRealFresh #CollectiveBias ”
Pressure Cooker Recipe | Savory Pork Soup
Instant Pot Savory Pork Soup
- 1 package Smithfield Garlic Roasted Pork Loin
- 1 1l2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 12 oz bottle bourbon barrel stout beer
- Preparing all vegetables ahead of time will save to loads of time. Slice the Smithfield marinated pork into 1 1/2″ size chunks.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot and add a tablespoon of EVOO. Select the Saute cooking function.
- When the olive oil is hot add the onions and cook until the onions have softened and are translucent.
- to that and
- Remove the onions from the pot using a slotted spoon and place them in a bowl, set aside
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and when the oil is hot add pieces of pork and sear on all sides. Brown the pork in batches to avoid crowding. When all of the pieces are browned transfer the pork to the bowl with the onions.
- Continue using the Saute function and add three tbsp of unsalted butter, when butter is melted whisk in 3 tbsp of flour a tablespoon at a time. Continue to whisk adding a tbsp of coarse sea salt and a half tbsp of freshly cracked black peppercorns. Keep cooking until the roux is a dark blonde, about five to eight minutes.
- Slowly add the bourbon barrel stout, whisking the beer into the roux until it is fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add the onions, pork, garlic, carrots, corn, and celery into the roux. Add two cups of low-sodium chicken broth. Secure the lid of the Instant Pot and select the Soup/Stew function and cook for thirty (30) minutes.
- Release the pressure and remove the lid.
You can find Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Flavors at your local Walmart.