Have a fun Toy Story party with this idea. Candy boards are a fun party addition. And this Toy Story Candy Board is a great addition to a Toy Story Party!
Toy Story Candy Board For A Toy Story Party
Toy Story is one of my favorite Pixar movies. From the first movie to the most recent movie to this sequel, I fell in love with Andy and all of his toys. Last year we shared a fun way to celebrate with a Toy Story birthday party idea. Since it’s one of our popular birthday party ideas, we created a Toy Story Candy Board to go with a Toy Story party idea. Grazing boards and candy boards are very trendy right now, and big hits at gatherings and parties.
Last year I had a fantastic opportunity to explore Pixar for a Toy Story 4 press event. It was such an amazing experience to learn first-hand from the creators and writers behind the popular Toy Story series. I learned how to make my own Forky, as well as get some insider tips about Bo Peep.
Why A Candy Board?
Candy boards are fun, but can be a LOT! Candy boards are great for events, such as birthday parties, Christmas parties, holidays like Easter, Halloween, and special occasions. We don’t recommend just making candy boards for the fun of it- that’s a lot of candy.
We shared a Toy Story themed board that is a better mix of real food and veggies. You can see this Toy Story inspired party board here.
However, for a birthday party, candy boards can be fun, especially if you get creative with themed ideas.
Here’s what we used to create our Toy Story Candy Board:
- Toy Story themed cupcakes (picked up at Walmart)
- Toy Story themed cookies (you can make this, contact a local baker or find a baker on Etsy)
Toy Fork Cake Topper Sprinkles (from Etsy)
Toy Super Hero Birthday Cake Sprinkles Mix (from Etsy)
- Toy Story Kabobs (from Etsy)
- Disney Pixar Toy Story Jumbo Marshmallow Pops, 2.47 Ounce, Pack of 2
- Disney Pixar Toy Story 4 Fruit Punch Flavored Candy Cane
- Toy Story 4 – Disney/PIXAR by Jelly Bellys
- Yellow Swirl Lollipops (Party City)
- Large Caribbean Blue Twisty Lollipops (Party City)
- Large Red Twisty Lollipops (Party City)
- Licorice Twists
- Blue + Yellow Gumballs
We designed our Toy Story Candy Boards in two styles. Derrick did one, and I did the other.
There are so many fun ways you can style a Toy Story Board for a party. Derrick’s board give balance, spreading the identical items all over the board. My board groups identical items near each other. Either way, both boards turned out great, and the kids loved it.
- Use a neutral board. We like to use a white marble platter for most of our boards.
- Give it a ton of color. The more color your board has, the better the pop.
- Use different textures and styles.
- Don’t leave any space untouched. The biggest tip we can share is making sure you leave no area untouched on the board. You can use items such as sprinkles to help cover up any open spaces.
- Don’t be afraid to go outside the box and do something different.
- Use small bowls to create separates spaces on the board.
Where To Find Toy Story Decor
You can find Toy Story decorations for a party just about anywhere. Party City is usually my go-to for themed party ideas, as well as Oriental Trading, Amazon, and Etsy. I’ve also found candy and other treats at stores such as HomeGoods, Walmart, and using local bakers.
How To Decorate For A Toy Story Party
Balloon garlands are a great way to add some pop to your party! See how we put together this DIY Toy Story Balloon Garland. It was relatively simple to put together, and I loved how it turned out. You can also use these free Toy Story printables for party activities.
Now that we’ve shown you how to put this board together, it’s your turn. You can use the resource list we shared above to order the same items we have on our Toy Story candy board.