Our Frozen Cranberry Margarita is a festive holiday cocktail, arriving just in time to greet St. Nick and your Christmas party festivities. We even added a festive crushed peppermint rim to this Cranberry Margarita. Grab the deets down below!
Frozen Cranberry Margarita with Peppermint Rim
I am protesting. Why? Well, because I think it should be margarita month every month! I mean, don’t you agree? And just to plead my case I made a festive Frozen Cranberry Margarita with Peppermint Rim just in time for the holiday season.
And with Christmas just around the corner you’re gonna need something to entertain your guests and this one is sure to be a hit!
And the good news about this cocktail is it is so darn easy to make! Basically, it’s like a classic margarita recipe but we’ve tossed in the cranberry juice and rimmed the glass with lots of crushed candy cane. And making it a frozen margarita just seemed right for the holiday season.
Who knew cranberry juice and Blanco tequila would be a match made in holiday cocktail-making-heaven? So refreshingly good!
We tossed all of the ingredients into the blender and LET IT WHIP! LET’S WHIP IT, BABY! YES! We’re spreading good cheer!
What you need to make a Frozen Cranberry Margarita
- 1 1/2 ounces Blanco tequila
- 1-ounce triple sec, orange Curaçao, or simple syrup
- 1-ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 ounces cranberry juice
- crushed peppermint for rim
- Peppermint stick for garnish
How to make a Peppermint Rim for Margaritas
- Rim the margarita glasses with a wedge of lime, dredge the rim of the glasses through crushed peppermint candy canes. Set aside.
How to make a Frozen Cranberry Margarita
- Note * for this recipe I multiplied the ingredients by a factor of four.
- Into a blender add the Blanco tequila, triple sec (or substitute), freshly squeezed lime juice, cranberry juice, and ice.
- Blend the ingredients until you have a slushy consistency.
- Fill each glass with a generous amount of the frozen margarita mixture.
- Garnish with a candy cane.
Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive