Our family loves s’mores, and there’s nothing more perfect than hanging out with the family and enjoying s’mores around the fire. We put together the ultimate s’mores board filled with a variety of chocolate, crackers, cookie and dip ideas. This S’mores Board is also great for summer entertainment, backyard movie nights, holiday parties, and more.
The Ultimate S’mores Board
Today is World Wide Chocolate Day (July 7th), and man do we have a chocolate filled party and entertainment idea for you! Honestly, is there a season for chocolate? I don’t think there is, is there? In my head, logic tells me there are zero limitations about the time of the year that’s ideal for chocolate consumption. In my head, that time frame is 365 days of the year! If World Wide Chocolate Day means I get to eat more chocolate today than I did yesterday, then I am here for it!
Sidebar: National S’mores Day is on August 10th. So many reasons to celebrate eating chocolate!
What’s in a s’more?
We love s’mores, and we stay stocked up on all the essentials needed to make s’mores at any given minute. The tradition s’mores recipe consists of two graham crackers, a marshmallow, and a piece of chocolate. However, over the years the ante has been upped to make drooling, oozing chocolate s’mores, Easter s’mores, Hershey & Candy Corn Chocolate S’mores, s’mores with strawberries, Nutella s’mores, Caramel S’mores Iced Coffee, and the list goes on and on.
How do you eat your s’mores?
When it comes to eating chocolate paired with a gooey marshmallow and graham cracker over a roaring fire pit is one of the best things we enjoy doing in the summer together as a family. We also raised the bar when it comes to what you can put in-between two graham crackers and flame toasted marshmallows. Because if it’s chocolate, it’s a qualified contender. So, how about s’mores with a peanut butter cup or peppermint patty? Or what about skipping the graham cracker and going for an Italian waffle cookie?
What You Will Need To Create Our Ultimate S’Mores Grazing Board:
Graham Crackers & Cookies Galore. Create the ultimate s’mores board means raising the stakes to not only add graham crackers but waffle cookies, pretzels, and whatever else you feel will pair well with marshmallows and chocolate.
Marshmallows. You got to have marshmallows when you’re making s’mores. But just so you know, there are chocolate marshmallows, moon pies, and chocolate-dipped marshmallows- and the list goes on and on.
Dips. Dips are always a great addition to your already chocolatey goodness s’more. We added peanut butter and Nutella to our board for additional yummy goodness.
Chocolate Bars & Other Chocolatey Goodies. Here is where your imagination can shine, what’s your favorite candy bar? Yep, you can use that as well to create your s’mores grazing board.
What we used on our S’mores Board
- Pizzelle Italian Waffle Cookie, Vanilla flavor (HomeGoods)
- Pizzelle Italian Waffle Cookie, Dulce De Leche- Caramel (HomeGoods)
- Pizzelle Italian Waffle Cookie, Chocolate (HomeGoods)
- White Chocolate Caramel Squares
- Milk Chocolate Squares
- Intense Dark Cacao Squares
- Butter Toffee Pretzels (HomeGoods)
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars
- REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups, thins
- REESE’S Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
- Fannie May S’Mores Snack Mix (Sam’s Club)
- Chuao Chocolatier Oh My S’ mores Bark Luxe (Costco’s)
- Caramel Popcorn (HomeGoods)
- Archway Molasses Cookies
- Nabisco Oreos
- Nabisco Graham Crackers
- Hershey’s Cookies’ N’ Creme Candy Bar
- REESE’S White Peanut Butter Cups
- York Peppermint Pattie
- peanut butter
How to style your s’mores grazing board
Before you create your grazing board or s’mores platter, you need a board. You can use a large cutting board like the one we’re using above. We picked up this round marble cutting board from HomeGoods. [find similar ones here] Trays and boards of any size will work. It’s helpful if you can find a board or tray with a lip on it- that will help the food stay on the board. We’ve used this cutting board in numerous grazing food boards, and it works out well.
When it comes to styling your board, there are “expert” ways of styling charcuterie boards, and then there’s your way. I prefer to do my own thing. Here are a few of my tips:
- You want the board to look full. Make sure you fill every space with something. Since we created a huge grazing board, we had enough food items to fill the board with a ton leftover.
- Don’t be shy about textures. As you can see, we used a variety of textures and colors on our s’mores grazing board.
- Group similar items together. Now, this is where Derrick and I differ from time to time. Some boards he spaces out the same items. On other boards, he groups them together. My personal preference is to arrange the same things together. You can recreate little groups of the same items all around the board.
With this board, we also piled items over each other. This big board was created in mind for summer entertainment.
What if I don’t want to create a big board?
It’s okay if you want to create a board on a smaller scale. Just use a small cutting board or platter to fill your board. The same concept applies; you’re only using 1/2 (or even less) of the food items. Do you see the small marble board in the photo above? You could create a beautiful s’mores platter using a board like that.
Okay, you have everything we could think of for you to go ahead and create your very own Ultimate S’Mores Grazing Board. Be sure to tag us on IG @thiswortheylife when you make your s’mores grazing board!